Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hairy calves View Post
    Mark, thanks. to do this do I have to disconnect the terminals or clean then while they are still connected? (assuming I can get a wire brush to them) I note the need to disconnect the battery first.
    You must disconnect the battery before going near the starter or alternator...otherwise it could be very painful!
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

2. Re: Very high miles service recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Power steering fluid.

2009 - A6 2.7 TDI (CANA) - S Line - Avant (Multitronic) Daytona Grey.
    Ross-Tech - http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/main_screen.html
    Screen capture - FastStone Screen Capture - The Best Screen Capture Software

0 0 0

3. Re: Very high miles service recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by royclark View Post
    Power steering fluid.
    The helpful guy in post 7 already said that Roy...keep up old chap!
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

4. Re: Very high miles service recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    If you are doing the Gearbox oil then you need to get one off these.

Draper Transmission Gearbox Oil Brake Fluid Hand Pump Top Up Awkward Area 1L

This will make the job a lot easier to do with minimal leakage when filling the gearbox.

A few things to note when doing the oil change.

1 Fill gearbox oil up to bottom lip of filler hole.
    2. Screw in oil filler plug.
    3. Start engine.
    4. Let gearbox turn for approx. 2 minutes without pressing clutch pedal.
    5. Switch off engine and remove oil filler plug.
    6. Top up gearbox oil again to bottom lip of filler hole.
    7. Tighten oil filler plug to specified torque. This is 45Nm for the Filler Plug.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 2 0

5. Re: Very high miles service recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Hello hairy calves

I am very impressed with the millage that you have covered with car. I have same car but 2011 with 198500km on it and I have intention to keep it for looooong time and going to high millage.

Can you please write small review about maintenance that you have performed to the car on what millage you change the oli, filters (fuel, air, AC), brake pads and discs? Did you change any mechanical part on engine? How is about clutch, dual-mass flywheel, still original? Fuel injectors, high pressure pump? Have you ever cleaned fuel tank, EGR, intake manifold? Turbo is still original, any issue with it? Can you please tell about DPF, did you change it already? Have you ever performed cleaning of the DPF ?Have you ever got DPF lamp on cluster showing that DPF is clogged? How about MMI, everything working good? Any strange bugs on MMI? How about Air conditioner, any part changed? Have you ever refilled AC system with Freon? How about wear and tear of interior? Will be nice if you can posted some pictures of the car, interior, engine bay etc.

Thanks for your reply

I am very happy to hear that somebody is doing high millage with car without major issues.
    Audi A6 Sedan C6 2.0 TDIe 2011 Condor Grey metallic

0 0 0

6. Re: Very high miles service recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Novica. Wow lots of questions. Bought the car with about 80k miles on the clock. From the service history (main dealer) no repairs or issues. Following this I had one issue, about 100k a sensor on the exhaust that showed a fault. Changed by my local village garage that has some decent diagnostic equipment. At 154k I had the cam belt and water pump changed by the main dealer. these are the only times its been in a 'paid for garage' (other than MOTs which it has passed every time)
    I service the car myself which consists of oil (long life fully synthetic I buy 25ltr a time) oil filter fuel filter air filter and an occasional pollen filter. I do this every 18k miles without fail. I forget how many times I have changed the brake pads, but quite a few. I think I have put one set of discs on front and back. Noticed a bit of muck on the egr to manifold joint so changed the gasket (just after the cam belt). Checked the antifreeze and toped up and recently changed the headlight xenon bulbs as they had gone dull. That is it in total. nothing else whatsoever. no dpf or any other issues you ask about. I live 2 miles from the motorway and I travel 120 miles round trip to work each day so it sits on the motorway a lot at cruising speed. sometimes I treat it by letting it tow my caravan!! One other issue that has just emerged is a faulty rear led light cluster, the right hand unit has stopped working. Will post some pictures when I get chance. apologies for the time it took to respond. But yes a great car I would have another.

1 1 0

7. Re: Very high miles service recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Many thanks Hairy Calves. You are doing healthy (motorway) miles with the car.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 Sedan C6 2.0 TDIe 2011 Condor Grey metallic

0 0 0

8. Re: Very high miles service recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novica View Post
    Hello hairy calves

I am very impressed with the millage that you have covered with car. I have same car but 2011 with 198500km on it and I have intention to keep it for looooong time and going to high millage.

Can you please write small review about maintenance that you have performed to the car on what millage you change the oli, filters (fuel, air, AC), brake pads and discs? Did you change any mechanical part on engine? How is about clutch, dual-mass flywheel, still original? Fuel injectors, high pressure pump? Have you ever cleaned fuel tank, EGR, intake manifold? Turbo is still original, any issue with it? Can you please tell about DPF, did you change it already? Have you ever performed cleaning of the DPF ?Have you ever got DPF lamp on cluster showing that DPF is clogged? How about MMI, everything working good? Any strange bugs on MMI? How about Air conditioner, any part changed? Have you ever refilled AC system with Freon? How about wear and tear of interior? Will be nice if you can posted some pictures of the car, interior, engine bay etc.

Thanks for your reply

I am very happy to hear that somebody is doing high millage with car without major issues.

Gearbox oil is 80,000 then every 60,000 miles thereafter

I do my oil & filter every 10,000

Air filter , cabin air and diesel filter every 20,000

Cambelt every 50,000

For myself
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

9. Re: Very high miles service recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan2485 View Post
    If you are doing the Gearbox oil then you need to get one off these.

Draper Transmission Gearbox Oil Brake Fluid Hand Pump Top Up Awkward Area 1L

This will make the job a lot easier to do with minimal leakage when filling the gearbox.

A few things to note when doing the oil change.

1 Fill gearbox oil up to bottom lip of filler hole.
    2. Screw in oil filler plug.
    3. Start engine.
    4. Let gearbox turn for approx. 2 minutes without pressing clutch pedal.
    5. Switch off engine and remove oil filler plug.
    6. Top up gearbox oil again to bottom lip of filler hole.
    7. Tighten oil filler plug to specified torque. This is 45Nm for the Filler Plug.

I used a 5mm pipe to run the oil down the pipe, its fairly watery so runs down no problem

if you put your pinky in the filler hole, theres a piece of metal that goes half way up the hole, you have to get the pipe over this to fill up the gearbox

make sure gearbox is level
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12