Hi,

Have asked around quite a bit now with no success so here I am seeking for some help. Scanned with VCDS and did output tests on driver and passenger side central locking and the results are..

Driver side

Starts at UNLOCKED then to SAFE then to LOCKED then back to UNLOCKED - Test complete.

Passenger side

(The old VW genuine actuator which was in the car before taking it apart and having problems)

Starts at SAFE then to LOCKED then goes back to SAFE (Does not start at unlocked). - Test complete.

(The "Brand New high quality" actuator from eBay for £20)

Starts at UNLOCKED then to SAFE then back to UNLOCKED - Test complete.

Reckon both the actuators are defective? Even though the one from ebay is meant to be brand new?

VCDS is bringing these fault codes up with BOTH the actuators even after clearing the codes and scanning them again. >>>>>>>>>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjsvxteh2d...pture.JPG?dl=0

The wiring harness has been checked for breaks and did not see any broken wires however I still replaced the wiring harness any way so thats 2 working wire harnesses! Both actuators make a click sound when pressing the lock button on the remote. Seems like the power is going to do the actuator but why they are both clicking? The one from ebay cant be faulty too can it? Have rang up VW and placed an order for new locking mechanism from VW for £166!! but that arrives Tuesday.

Literally spent 2 entire days trying to figure this out and now I am lost! Tried 2 actuators.. tried 2 wiring harnesses.. had problems with door allignment but that is fine now.. originally took it apart to fix a window regulator on my car which works now yet the damn door doesnt lock with central locking! it shuts fine when shutting it but doesnt lock. Somebody must have had this before!? Come on guys!

Thanks.