1. Full route list in Sat Nav, wind/road noise and comfort tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had my Indium Grey R-line for 3 weeks now. There is a lot to love, the LED headlight, high beam assist, Active Info Display, build quality, general ambience in the car, handling and the external look, even the wheels are growing on me .

There are a few things not too love, the drivers seat offers no support for me and digs into my hip and side (I am not a big bloke at 6ft and 15 stone) and the side bolsters and base a very soft offering no support after 3 hours it feels like I am sat on the floor! I have got the dealer looking into that as the passenger seat is far more comfortable and cars on test drive were very very comfortable. They are also replacing my rear light that has condensation in (it came with it!) and sorting out the bonnet that is not flush with the chrome around light housing it sits about 5mm below it.

Has anyone else noticed the wind noise and noise from other cars to be excessive in the in the B8 it seems to be worse than my B7 and a Golf I had as a hire car a week ago, not too mention a colleague 20k Focus. Extra road noise is a given on 18 inch wheels especially when the dealer had the tyres at 41 Psi on arrival but the wind noise from 40mph is not what I was expecting especially when it is not mentioned in any reviews I read and was hardly noticeable on test drives.

I would be interested in anyone thoughts on the above and on these questions:

1. Can you get a full route list on the sat-nav? All I can find is the current position and destination when you click 'route'
    2. Has anyone set their tyres to the comfort pressure of 33psi? I am actually a little too scared to do it!

0 0 0

2. Re: Full route list in Sat Nav, wind/road noise and comfort tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova76 View Post
    I have had my Indium Grey R-line for 3 weeks now. There is a lot to love, the LED headlight, high beam assist, Active Info Display, build quality, general ambience in the car, handling and the external look, even the wheels are growing on me .

There are a few things not too love, the drivers seat offers no support for me and digs into my hip and side (I am not a big bloke at 6ft and 15 stone) and the side bolsters and base a very soft offering no support after 3 hours it feels like I am sat on the floor! I have got the dealer looking into that as the passenger seat is far more comfortable and cars on test drive were very very comfortable. They are also replacing my rear light that has condensation in (it came with it!) and sorting out the bonnet that is not flush with the chrome around light housing it sits about 5mm below it.

Has anyone else noticed the wind noise and noise from other cars to be excessive in the in the B8 it seems to be worse than my B7 and a Golf I had as a hire car a week ago, not too mention a colleague 20k Focus. Extra road noise is a given on 18 inch wheels especially when the dealer had the tyres at 41 Psi on arrival but the wind noise from 40mph is not what I was expecting especially when it is not mentioned in any reviews I read and was hardly noticeable on test drives.

I would be interested in anyone thoughts on the above and on these questions:

1. Can you get a full route list on the sat-nav? All I can find is the current position and destination when you click 'route'
    2. Has anyone set their tyres to the comfort pressure of 33psi? I am actually a little too scared to do it!
    Is the comfort tyre pressure on the 18's not 38psi? That's what my TPMS tells me it should be... and 41 standard?

0 0 0

3. Re: Full route list in Sat Nav, wind/road noise and comfort tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StumblingTrout View Post
    Is the comfort tyre pressure on the 18's not 38psi? That's what my TPMS tells me it should be... and 41 standard?
    41 is for a full load, 38 standard but the sticker on the door ham and my TPMS gives me option of comfort 33. You need to scroll through on the infotainment screen.

0 0 0

4. Re: Full route list in Sat Nav, wind/road noise and comfort tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope. Definitely 38psi comfort for me.

235/45/18 tyres on a GT 2.0BiTDI Estate.

Attached Images

0 0 0

5. Re: Full route list in Sat Nav, wind/road noise and comfort tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Must be because you have the BiTdi 4motion and 90bhp more!

0 0 0

6. Re: Full route list in Sat Nav, wind/road noise and comfort tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure what you mean by you can't see a full route list when clicking route ... do you mean you're looking for a turn by turn list or you can't set a destination? I just click on nav / destination / new destination and set it that way.

0 0 0

7. Re: Full route list in Sat Nav, wind/road noise and comfort tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In the B7 Sat nav you could view the whole route in text. Is there an option in the B8 nav?

0 0 0

8. Re: Full route list in Sat Nav, wind/road noise and comfort tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think so, I've never seen it.

0 0 0