So I took my car in for its MOT at Leicester Audi where I also bought the car from, as usual they offered to vacuum and wash the car for me which I strongly advised not to bother with washing just a vacuum will do. The service manager noted my request on the job sheet.

I returned later in the evening to collect the car for it to be presented fully washed and vacuumed, I was clearly not happy and they new it. Having washed and polished the car myself a week before it wasn’t overly dirty in the first place and whatever process and products they used had clearly removed the applied polish.

On review of my dashcam the footage seems to show the car had likely been through a car wash they have on site around the back!

The final straw to this issue was the brand new rear bumper I had fitted just 3 weeks ago following a non fault insurance replacement now has fine scratches in various areas.

I raised the issue before I left the dealer and some workshop guy came out to have a look and said they would polish it out? This was an unmarked bumper until they attended to it. I left in utter frustration and disappointment and emailed the main service manager and awaiting feedback.