Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robes401 View Post
    Since my last post, I have managed 57 mpg on a long run, so I think my long term average must be brought down by my 13 mile each way cross-country commute... I have been to look at a BiTdi, but couldn't justify the £8-10k cost to change to a six month older car in worse condition than mine. Might go down the 272 route.
    Attachment 33240
    55mpg on 100 mile run today, very happy and 1500 mile average up to nearly 45 mpg now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2016 A6 3.0 272 Sline

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A6 2013, 2.0 TDI SLine, 23K miles now, and can average 60-63MPG on a 100 mile at 70mph fixed, if you drive on cruise and not fiddle gas paddle with air con on... but it greatly depends elevations on the road, if you go downhill i have seen laughable 200mpg (reset cluster before descending from top to bottom for a min! but when you are on more flat surface, it gets about 60-63 with mild elevation increase and decreases... but a full journey with full mixed terrain, a realistic figure of 45-50 is more accurate... you cant go on a flat without stopping... if economy is your thing, some stuff doable but you dont buy an A6 to baby sit either...

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just joined the site as I’ve been reading the Ultra Avant mpg posts with interest. I’ve have a 2014 Ultra Avant since Sept 2014 and after 35,000 miles the long term average hit 62.5mpg and a full tank gives a range of 990 miles. I decided to see how ‘good’ I could make these figures when I bought the car by committing to driving at the speed limit, rarely accelerating hard and on motorway runs aiming for 55-65mph (not as slow as it sounds given usual traffic). Definitely less stress driving that way and impressive mpg. I can hit 73mpg on a 70 mile trip to the coast and it takes about an hour and 20 minutes. Trouble is you get stuck in the mindset and begrudge having to overtake a truck and risk the 1mpg drop in the average!

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    That’s sad I’m sorry to say. I can get 49.1 out of my BiTdi if I try hard but what’s the point when I get 44 with occasional Hooligan moments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanK View Post
    That’s sad I’m sorry to say. I can get 49.1 out of my BiTdi if I try hard but what’s the point when I get 44 with occasional Hooligan moments?

I am getting similar now though haven't quite 49.1 yet ...

When in hooligan mode I get 12mpg ...

0 1 0

6. A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Better that a C63 owner I know. 7mpg at tickover waiting for the lights to change and 14-17 average

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Better that a C63 owner I know. 7mpg at tickover waiting for the lights to change and 14-17 average

🤣 I get 0 mpg in my Ultra when waiting for the lights!

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Yep 7 mpg was my lowest ever too over about 1.5 miles, incidentally stuck in traffic on the A57M in Manchester when I just started off. I couldn't believe it ... I had disable stop\start as I don't like it though,

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    2 months ago, I changed a couple of things which made a real difference to the MPG. As a result I'm now averaging 60 mpg versus 44 mpg before. The 2 small changes I made were 1) changing to Economy mode on drive select and 2) adjusting to tyre pressures to the recommended of 36 psi

Economy mode takes a little getting used to at first, because it is a more sluggish start when I put the foot down but it's fine now that I'm more used to it

2016 A6 Black Edition 2.0 Ultra on 20' Alloys

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    What were the pressures before?

0 0 0