Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMountain View Post
    What were the pressures before?
    Before they were 32 psi....I suspect that most of the difference is because of economy mode, but the tyre pressures will help too

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJB333 View Post
    Before they were 32 psi....I suspect that most of the difference is because of economy mode, but the tyre pressures will help too
    I would be off the comoplete opposite with regard to your conclusion. On both my C7 cars (non-Ultra and Ultra) I found the switch Economy mode made little differnece to fuel cinsulmption. Indeed the lack of acceleration early in the accelorator travel resulted in me having to push it harder and thuu probably used more fuel. I have however found that the A6 is very susceptible to tyre pressures, bith in terms of ride quality and also fuel consumption. When I got the Ultra I was surprised the fuel consumption was worse than the non-Ultra and intially put it down to a new engine, but eventually checked the tyre pressures and found they were in the "Comfort" setting. Changed it to the normal setting and saw consumption go to about 10% above what I got with the non-Ultra

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I have a 3.2 a6 quattro and fuel economy is not great but so fun to drive. Swings and roundabouts

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Not sure if mine is Ultra (2.0tdi, 140kw, 190hp) but long term average is 6.5 l/100km thats 43,46MPG. Similar to others. And its mixed motorway/city driving with 20" (8,5 and 10" width) wheels, fwd.

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    The car reported 73mpg after 78 miles drive... Usually it's 50-60mpg.... This was the car's 7th straight day on motorway doing 150 miles a day so maybe that consistency of drive had something to do with it... Not sure to believe it or not!20180724_161253.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Indeed, a much revisited topic.
    My 65 plate 2.0 S-line Ultra (auto) was advertised as being capable of 60-70 mpg. Yeah, right...
    After 40k miles, I'm averaging 46 mpg for mixed motoring. I drive economically with my right foot, have tried all the modes, all the fuel types, tyre pressures regularly checked.
    Only thing to say is that Shell V-power seems to be marginally better than everything else. Marginally.
    The biggest correction however was getting the system parameter 'controller 17' changed from 100% to 105%. Now, with a high degree of certainty, my system mpg calculation matches my manual tank fill 'full-to-full' mileage mpg calculation.
    Prior to that, the system was over-egging the mpg. (I think I was told by the Audi tech that the change to 105% is as far as it can go - 106% was the value I had calculated from many refill/mileage data points).
    Honest John real mpg website also indicates sub-50 mpg is the norm.
    Despite the 'disappointing' mpg, I still love the car - pride and joy!

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Just returned from a trip south - 860 miles over four days - one tank with 100 miles left as range - average of 62mpg recorded brim to brim!

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtimer View Post
    Indeed, a much revisited topic.
    My 65 plate 2.0 S-line Ultra (auto) was advertised as being capable of 60-70 mpg. Yeah, right...
    After 40k miles, I'm averaging 46 mpg for mixed motoring. I drive economically with my right foot, have tried all the modes, all the fuel types, tyre pressures regularly checked.
    Only thing to say is that Shell V-power seems to be marginally better than everything else. Marginally.
    The biggest correction however was getting the system parameter 'controller 17' changed from 100% to 105%. Now, with a high degree of certainty, my system mpg calculation matches my manual tank fill 'full-to-full' mileage mpg calculation.
    Prior to that, the system was over-egging the mpg. (I think I was told by the Audi tech that the change to 105% is as far as it can go - 106% was the value I had calculated from many refill/mileage data points).
    Honest John real mpg website also indicates sub-50 mpg is the norm.
    Despite the 'disappointing' mpg, I still love the car - pride and joy!
    On my car is improved with miles... I bought the car with 17k on and the long term mpg of articles 37mpg... This has steadily improved, now it's long term is around 53mpg with short term ranging from 50-60mpg... It's getting better with age .. long it may continue, fingers crossed

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomo1971 View Post
    Just returned from a trip south - 860 miles over four days - one tank with 100 miles left as range - average of 62mpg recorded brim to brim!
    Can totally believe that... Did you do mostly motorway miles and in the efficiency mode?

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by champakpopat View Post
    Can totally believe that... Did you do mostly motorway miles and in the efficiency mode?

Yes, Motorway and trunk roads and mainly in E mode so can use the coasting feature.

Don't usually drive that steady but wanted to see what it would do - on the first leg, 390 miles, the computer said 70.2 MPG on arrival and fuel gauge showed 3/8ths used.

0 1 0

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast