1. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Wheel sizes will make a difference to fuel economy.
    Just got my winters on and these are 18s and narrower as opposed to the 19s summers.
    My fuel economy has gone up around 15%. Noticed i get further per tank around 600miles from 510-20.
    This is on a 272.
    I can remember on my old ultra I was getting around 700 miles per tank on 19s and got a courtesy car with 17s(SE)on it and managed almost 800 out of that in the week I had it.

0 1 0

2. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After 6000 miles in 4 months in my 2wd 2.0 Ultra Sportline I'm averaging 51.6 MPG

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I believe that the tyre pressure is also relevant to the fuel economy. I had my A6 Avant SE Executive on 17" tyres for just over a month and 2600 miles and I am averaging 45mpg, but on the Comfort pressures, of 32psi front and 30psi rear. I have not tried the car with their standard recommended settings of 36psi front and 35psi rear, but I would expect that would bring the economy into the 50s mpg.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Tyre pressures do effect the economy of the A6 Ultra, but only by a couple of mpg. Working on the Tesco principal......every little helps
    However the biggest differences will be in the way you drive and your usage of the car. Tyre widths, pressures, car weight, ambient temp, length of time sine cold start, wet or dry, wind direction and strength all will make a difference.
    A basic understanding of physics and conservation of momentum will make much, much more. I work on the principal that if I have to use the brakes, then i have failed to anticipate the driving conditions correctly in normal driving.
    Does that make my journey times any slower? err....no! Not at all!

0 1 0

5. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    just got 825 miles out of tank last week - BE 64 plate (pre FL)

The biggest factor is weather - the cars drink fuel on cold start up and take ages to warm up

1 0 0

6. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    That's more like it! Well done. Think of what you can achieve in a still, dry summer conditions, maybe 900 miles? Anyone done the 'mille' on a tank full....1000 miles.... or had to have it serviced before running out of fuel

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well the weather is now a little warmer and my fuel economy is getting better
    921 miles between the last fuel stops, and a best trip showing on the OBC of 71mpg.
    With a bit of care and the right opportunity, I think a real 1000 miles range is possible, even loaded with plenty of stuff
    Part of the last trip my car had 12 cylinders....carrying a couple of extra 4 cal engine blocks for my race car!
    Attached Images

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Well done Mactech! That's pretty impressive.

Rebecca Jackson and Andrew Frankel managed over 1000 miles on a tank. 1158.9 miles in fact.

Audi A6 ultra goes the distance and sets new world record

0 1 0

9. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for that! I didn't know that Andrew had done that record. I know him well from the Bentley Le Mans days when he wrote the definitive book on the subject. It seems his record took even longer than Le Mans at 28 hours.
    My tankful lasted several weeks, with all the cold starts which that involves.
    Having engineered at Le Mans on 16 occasions, I have no interest in staying up 36 hours to drive a road car non stop!

1 1 0

10. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    After 15K kilometers my Ultra Quattro manages about 47/48 Mpg on long journeys although most of these include very little motorway. I recently did a 600km round trip in one day which included about 80km of motorway. I'm quite please with that. My long term average is showing 42 Mpg.
    2017 A6 Avant Quattro SE Business 190 Ultra DSG 2017 Black, factory privacy glass, reversing camera, lighting package.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast