1. Question errer code 01217/01218 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to resurrect an old issue but after searching and searching I can't find a solution and am at a loss.

My 53 plate A3 8P 2.0 tidy has the following faults:
    Address 15: Airbags Labels: 8P0-959-655-84.lbl
    Part No SW: 8P0 959 655 F HW: 8P0 959 655 F
    Component: Airbag 8.4ED H01 0130
    Coding: 0011602
    Shop #: WSC 06435 000 00000
    VCID: 4586F7120CC8826ABA-8010

2 Faults Found:
    01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Passenger Side (N200)
    001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON
    01217 - Side Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N199)
    001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

I have removed the yellow connectors under the seats, in the floor and joined and soldered in new wires. Using VAGCOM cleared the dtc but straight away the airbag light comes back on. I can't see anymore connectors under the seat.

i thought about trying to get the seat back off to have a look in there, but don't know how.

Any my help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

matt

0 0 0

2. Re: errer code 01217/01218 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Have you used Meausuring blocks and watched the air bag status displays whist moving the plugs?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: errer code 01217/01218 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No, just removed plugs and soldered in new wires. All of my initial searches said to do this. All joints are soldered and covered in heat shrink.

from there the wires go up into the seat. I can only think that the problem is up in there.

0 0 0

4. Re: errer code 01217/01218 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Actually VAG don't allow solder and in aviation the practice of soldering is almost non existent. This is due to flux corrosion and soldered wire embrittlement problems. Try measuring blocks and see if you get a fluctuation in the status values.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: errer code 01217/01218 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Actually VAG don't allow solder and in aviation the practice of soldering is almost non existent. This is due to flux corrosion and soldered wire embrittlement problems. Try measuring blocks and see if you get a fluctuation in the status values.
    rgr.

i take it I'm looking for the status values to fluctuate if I move the wires or seat?

how do I get the seat back off if I need to start tracing wires up to the airbag?

0 0 0

6. Re: errer code 01217/01218 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Yes, the blocks chnage from correct to incorrect or vice versa when you disturb a connection. The seat back is laborious to take apart, we had to do a cover on one last week, it took a good two hours.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: errer code 01217/01218 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

finally got this sorted as I’d been lazy but it had to get done.

so the mbv’s were saying “very high” for the resistance in both igniters.

After hours of searching trying to see to see if it could be anything else it turned out to be a connector behind the seat back. In all my searches there was no mention of this connector block anywhere!

the back was pretty easy to get off, re-seated the connector any hey presto the fault cleared. If it comes back I’ll cut the block out and make the connection permanent. Had to do this on both seats.

0 1 0