1. Why did vw stop making pd130 pd150 ect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why did Vw stop making the PD100 PD 110 PD115 PD130 PD150 PD160 and then replace it with PD105?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Why did vw stop making pd130 pd150 ect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    same reason as they dropped the cheap and bombproof rotary pump engines and landrover dropped the equally brilliant and very similar 200 tdi, progress and emissions laws.. everything now is common rail.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

3. Re: Why did vw stop making pd130 pd150 ect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    All bow to the reduction of Co2 at the ex pence of everything else. You would think politicians were ignorant, blinkered, arrogant and live in a world different to the rest of us....ohh hang on....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

4. Re: Why did vw stop making pd130 pd150 ect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    i dont get how an engine that will do 55 mpg day in day out at any speed and last for 500,000 miles is worse than an engine that will do 35 mpg and go bang at 100k.

0 1 0

5. Re: Why did vw stop making pd130 pd150 ect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    unless of course you happen to be making said engines ..... ???

0 1 0

6. Re: Why did vw stop making pd130 pd150 ect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zollaf View Post
    i dont get how an engine that will do 55 mpg day in day out at any speed and last for 500,000 miles is worse than an engine that will do 35 mpg and go bang at 100k.
    Because one produced less Co2 than the other when new and that is all that matters. It's all a box ticking exercise. It is like these stupid electric cars, there was this woman in the Mail On Sunday going on about how her Nissan Twiglet only cost 2p per mile and so she is saving hundreds of pounds a year. Wheat she has yet to discover is that said same car is one of the worst deprecating cars ever, it looses £25K+ in three years, stick that in your pee per mile table MOS!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

7. Re: Why did vw stop making pd130 pd150 ect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    my old 80 has done 353,000 miles. owes me about 2k i spose in the 4 1/2 years and 50k i have had it. now thats an environmentally and pocket friendly car. and as for this electric nissan, where the heck does she think the electric comes from ??? oh i spose she is signed up to ecofriggintricity so it comes from apples and not coal or nuclear reactors. (nissan twiglet, hahahaha)

0 1 0

8. Re: Why did vw stop making pd130 pd150 ect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    These people live in cloud cuckoo land, a separate reality which sane people can't see into. The other nasty with this electric car nonsense is batteries and simple maths. If one million EV cars are sold in the UK each year as the tree buggers want, eight years or so after that you are going to be seeing almost all the first couple of years cars come to the end of their battery life, there are a couple of worries here

1) On average an EV battery weighs half a tonne so from that point we are going to have to find a way of recycling five hundred million kilos of Lithium Ion batteries-EVERY YEAR! It is already uneconomic to recycle Lithium Ion batteries, dumping an extra half a billion kilos onto the pile in the UK alone is not going to help. Landfill here it comes....

2) A new battery for an Eh Up! me Duck is currently £8155 and eight pence, plus installation. No one in their right mind is going to spend £10k repairing a decade old milk float worth 87p, so more landfill..

How environmentally friendly is all that?

EVERYTHING is the search for on paper Co2 reductions so politicians and civil servants can tick boxes to stay on target... and on the gravy train.

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

9. Re: Why did vw stop making pd130 pd150 ect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    not forgetting the whacking great big hole in the earth to mine the metals to make these batteries, and the mines required to make the wind turbines to make the electric to charge them.
    i was sat in my car the other day eating a sarnie and decided to count how many wind turbines i can see. 70, about 70 of the damned eyesores. oh, each one consuming many tons of concrete as a base, which takes a heck of a lot of electric to make.

0 0 0

10. Re: Why did vw stop making pd130 pd150 ect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    All they care about is milking us with yesterday's technology to maximise profits at the expense of mother earth .

The future is HYDROGEN .

0 1 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast