Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Chorus 3 radio: Support for multi function steering wheel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Smile Chorus 3 radio: Support for multi function steering wheel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi!I am currently in the process of upgrading my standard steering wheel to a multi function steering wheel.
    I have bought a new steering column clock spring module (8K0953568F) and multi function steering wheel.

With VCDS, in "16-Steering Module", under long coding, I was able to select the multi function steering wheel from the drop down box, click "do it", and the coding was accepted.

Next, I went into "56-Radio", long coding, and then clicked on the "Multi function steering wheel installed". Unfortunately, when I went to "do it" I got the dreaded "Coding rejected Error 31: request out of range".

I have the base Chorus 3 radio installed. Does anybody know if this radio supports the multi function steering wheel? if so, how can I activate it?

0 0 0

2. Re: Chorus 3 radio: Support for multi function steering wheel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    A good place to start is to use the latest version of VCDS - http://download.ross-tech.com/VCDS/d...-Installer.exe

1 0 0

3. Re: Chorus 3 radio: Support for multi function steering wheel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Are you sure, you have right 8K0953568F module for that? I just remember seen one case with stalk retrofit and there was no result also. Just a guess it might be issue here also or radio wiring needs modifications.
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

1 0 0

4. Re: Chorus 3 radio: Support for multi function steering wheel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the respoinse guys.
    @Chris, Are you saying that VCDS 15.7 doesnt support Multi Function Steering Wheel activation of the Chorus 3 radio? -I have updated the software but I am still getting the same error :-/

@Gunnark100, thanks for the information. I bought the 8K0953568F module off an American guy on ebay.com. I believe that the 8K0953568F clock module supports MFSW for the following reasons:
    1. The module accepted the VCDS coding to enable the MSFW. I didnt get an "Error 31: Request out of range"
    2. The website here
    http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/steering-wheel-modules-3/oem-8k0953568f-multifunction-steering-wheel-controler/ specifies that this clock module supports a MSFW.

0 0 0

5. Re: Chorus 3 radio: Support for multi function steering wheel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    As i said, it was just a guess...

Have you sedan or estate?
    But, do you have stalks with onboardcomputer buttons and cruise control also and they all work, any of wheel buttons work or not, which wheel you brought?

As for Chris post, for example cracked software has lack of function and changing radio coding is one of them!

Copy from audizine, as you see mfsw and chorus work together!

None of the steering wheel buttons would work after retrofit Concert stereo.
    My original radio system was chorus and i retrofit the Concert stereo.

A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

1 0 0

6. Re: Chorus 3 radio: Support for multi function steering wheel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi!
    Thanks for the response Gunnark100. I have a sedan. I previously had a 8K0 953 502 C stalks (sticks), 8K0 953 568 D clock spring and 8k0 419 091 A 1KT non-multi function steering wheel. I wanted to get cruise control and MSFW, so I retrofitted 8K0 953 502 BD stalks, 8K0 953 568 F clock spring and the steering wheel shown here:

s-l1600.jpg

I programmed in the Cruise control with the 15.7 VCDS software with no issue, it is now working great. However, none of the controls on the steering wheel work with the Chorus 3 radio. The clock module accepted the MSFW code change, but the radio did not.

Do you have a link the article on Audiozine where they got the MSFW working with the Chorus 3 radio?

Thanks for your help!

0 0 0

7. Re: Chorus 3 radio: Support for multi function steering wheel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
    Do you have a link the article on Audiozine where they got the MSFW working with the Chorus 3 radio?
    The audizine thread was opposite, he had mfsw and chorus and he retrofitted concert-it was just example that chorus supports mfsw!

0 0 0

8. Re: Chorus 3 radio: Support for multi function steering wheel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnark100 View Post
    The audizine thread was opposite, he had mfsw and chorus and he retrofitted concert-it was just example that chorus supports mfsw!

Thanks Gunnark100, it is good to see that someone with a A4 B8 Chorus 3 has had the MSFW working. At least I know now that it should work.

0 0 0

9. Re: Chorus 3 radio: Support for multi function steering wheel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    My pm box was full, resend your message!

1 0 0

10. Re: Chorus 3 radio: Support for multi function steering wheel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First off, let me thanks Gunnark100 for all the help and information over PM. I may not have got my MFSW working yet, but im learning a lot more about the issue thank to your help.

To recap so far,
    I originally had the following steering wheel components on my A4 B8 saloon:

8K0 953 502 C stalks (sticks)
    8K0 953 568 D clock spring
    8K0 880 201 Airbag
    8k0 419 091 A 1KT non-multi function steering wheel.
    8k0 971 589 airbag harness with green/yellow connector and without MFSW connector

I wanted to get cruise control and MSFW, so I retrofitted the following components:

8K0 953 502 BD stalks with cruise control,
    8K0 953 568 F clock spring
    8K0 419 091 B WUN Multi function steering wheel.
    8K0 880 201 Airbag. I kept the original.
    8k0 971 589 A airbag harness with green/yellow connector and with MFSW connector

I should note that the replacement clock spring came paired with the stalks:
    8K0 953 568 F & 8K0 953 502 BD, supposedly for a "2009-2012 AUDI A4 A5". It had "A5" marked on the back.
    Also, the MFSW steering wheel came paired with an airbag and purple/yellow harness:
    8K0 419 091 B WUN & 8k0 880 201 C & 4F0 971 589 A, all supposedly taken from a 2008 A4 B8.

I installed everything in two sessions.
    In the first session, I did the components for cruise control. Installing the replacement clock spring, stalks and airbag harness with MFSW connector was straightforward. The replacement MSFW came with a purple/yellow connector. This connector would not plug into my clock spring, so I swapped it for the green/yellow connector airbag harness with MFSW connector. Using VCDS 15.70 I was able to enable the cruise control. I left the MFSW uninstalled and un-enabled. I had to make a small mechanical modification to stalks to enable full beams. I will give a guide on this in another thread. Everything worked including the cruise control and horn. No errors were reported by VCDS after an autoscan. Great!

Unfortunately the second session was not as straightforward. I removed the original non-MFSW and replaced it with the new MFSW. Using VCDS 15.70, I successfully enabled MFSW for the clock spring module. I got the "Error 31 out of range" error when I attempted to enable MFSW for m Chorus 3 radio module. The horn still worked. Unfortunately none of the buttons on the MFSW worked for the radio. Also, after an autoscan, VCDS was reporting a a steering error. A log using VCDS 15.70 can be seen here: VCDS Version: Release 15.7.0 Running on Windows 7 x64 Monday,28,November,2016 - Pastebin.com, or using 16.80 here:
    Saturday,26,November,2016,17:38:33:49450 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator - Pastebin.com.

Code:
    Address 16: Steering wheel (J527)       Labels: 8K0-953-568.clb
       Part No SW: 8K0 953 568 F    HW: 8K0 953 568 F
       Component: Lenks.Modul   H16 0014  
       Revision: --------    Serial number: 90315IFO0005Z 
       Coding: 000016
       Shop #: WSC 06325 123 12345
       VCID: 3D692FF7FD7157EA3406779-8068

1 Fault Found:
    01426 - Controls in Steering Wheel (E221) 
                004 - No Signal/Communication
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100100
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 109
                        Mileage: 216076 km
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2007.10.26
                        Time: 22:11:45

@Gunnar, you asked if the pinout of the replacement harness was correct. I removed the green/yellow connector one with MFSW connector from the car and wrote down its pinout for the MFSW part using a multimeter. I also did it for the purple/yellow connector that the replacement steering wheel came with. I compared them in the table and image of the two connectors below.

I can confirm that the pinout is identical for the MFSW connector to the clock spring connector for the replacement green/yellow airbag harness and the purple/yellow airbag harness that the replacement wheel came with. (As an aside, this would suggest that someone with just the yellow/purple connector cable could just file the sides of the purple/yellow connector down for it to be identical to the green/yellow connector harness).

I can leave the MFSW disabled for now using VCDS using the MFSW option for the clock spring module. They will fix the steering error in an auto-scan. However, it would be nice to get the MFSW working!

Would anyone have any suggestion on what I could attempt next?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast