Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    yes....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: A3 2.0 TDI Quattro DPF issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    yes....
    Any recommendations for next steps?

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: A3 2.0 TDI Quattro DPF issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My A4 TDI 170 on a 57 plate did a couple of flashes of the DPF light then blinded itself. Totally blocked, so did some reading then removed the DPF cut one end off drilled out the guts welded back together and refitted. At the same time I blanked off the EGR valve and had the car remapped to stop the warning lights. The difference in how the car drove was amazing so much better would pull much better and in a higher gear than before. Only downside is the exhaust is a bit sootier. I also had the injectors changed before this under warranty, plus the bit of loom. 2 of these didn't last much longer than a year so 2 more were fitted at circa £400 each. Baz

0 0 0

4. Re: A3 2.0 TDI Quattro DPF issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    We really should talk about this, it is one of the reasons diesels are going to end up being banned.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: A3 2.0 TDI Quattro DPF issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    We really should talk about this, it is one of the reasons diesels are going to end up being banned.
    Hi Crasher, already been done. Just had its mot and passed miles under the emissions threshold

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: A3 2.0 TDI Quattro DPF issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Crasher £1200 ish for a new DPF against a bit of work and the price of a remap and how much it improves the car the DPF delete is no brainer. After the powers that be pushed us into buying diesel it is a bit amazing the U-turn they are in the process of making, diesel cars could be banned from lots of cities across Europe. That is going to kill the value of some cars, motorist to pay again. Baz

0 0 0

7. Re: A3 2.0 TDI Quattro DPF issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    New rules for MOT to test for diesel particulate filter - Press releases - GOV.UK

Diesel particulate filters: guidance note - Publications - GOV.UK

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Hutchinson View Post
    Hi Crasher, already been done. Just had its mot and passed miles under the emissions threshold
    It does not alter the FACT that removing the DPF is against the law and an MOT failure, section 7.1.1 MOI 3 states "compression ignition vehicles check the presence of catalytic converter(s) and particulate filter(s)" and in Reasons for Rejection 3 states "a particulate filter missing where one was fitted as standard".

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-4-5-and-7.pdf

The MOT smoke tests only looks at the opacity of the tailpipe emissions to check that it does not exceed 1.5m ̄¹ and without a DPF it will still pass this, if the DPF can is rammed out or modified with a hidden straight through pipe, this is impossible to detect with current available equipment (apart from a finger up the tailpipe but that's hardly scientific) BUT if the MOT tester knows the DPF is an empty can he is duty bound to fail the car. Your MOT tester would be reprimanded by the testing authority if they found out, if they could prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by BAZ911 View Post
    Crasher £1200 ish for a new DPF against a bit of work and the price of a remap and how much it improves the car the DPF delete is no brainer. After the powers that be pushed us into buying diesel it is a bit amazing the U-turn they are in the process of making, diesel cars could be banned from lots of cities across Europe. That is going to kill the value of some cars, motorist to pay again. Baz
    A new DPF does not cost £1200. You can buy extremely high quality units from companies such as B&M for a fraction of the genuine cost, I have used these and they are fine. Also, most of the time the DPF can be cleaned and re-used and there are a number of companies offering this service, most of the DIY products you see are not terribly effective. I have zero sympathy for people who are stuffed when it comes to being stuck with a diesel, I have known for 25 years what disgusting filly things they are and have driven friends, family or anyone who would half listen, nearly crazy bleating on about it, but to little or no avail until recently when people started to take notice. It's no secret and no one has tried to hide it, Diesel kills people. Yes Tony Blair and Gordon Brown are to blame because they were chasing CO2 targets to keep the tree huggers happy and Tony Blair doesn’t seem to mind killing his own people… The vast majority of consumers who bought Diesel did so not for the sake of the environment but because it meant they paid less, people are mean and get really tight when it comes to spending on cars, the vast majority of people consider money spent on a car a duress purchase, only a select few derive pleasure from their cars. I have never owned a diesel and never will, they have their place in commercial vehicles where they make common sense but in a family car they are a crime against humanity, they always have been and always will be. Someone even murdered the bloke that invented it! When WH Auden wrote the poem I quote below in the 1960’s he knew and he was just a homosexual ex-pat Brit living in America who knew nothing about the infernal combustion engine!

PLEASE, everyone at least read this in full

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...s-guidance.pdf

Personally I feel this should be a banned subject on this forum apart from how to rectify the damage.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

8. Re: A3 2.0 TDI Quattro DPF issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to drag this thread up, I'm getting desperate now. Was this ever resolved? I have the exact same issues. I have tried all the relevant fixes I'm aware of by trawling the forums and Google but I can't get the car to do a normal (not emergency) regen, on the 3rd regen fail it goes into limp mode. Exactly the same car and engine code.
    Thanks.

0 0 0

9. Re: A3 2.0 TDI Quattro DPF issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Which engine is it, PD or CR? If driving regeneration does not work you need to see what fault codes are stored and check the DPF Ash mass loading.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: A3 2.0 TDI Quattro DPF issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply Crasher.
    Not sure if its PD or CR to be honest! Does this help?
    20180902_152533.a76ef047d8d24c03823acdf41c4ee7c8.jpg
    Have no fault codes until the 3rd regen fails. Then i get the below fault:-

Address 01: Engine Labels: 03G-906-018-BMN.clb
    Control Module Part Number: 03G 906 018 DN HW: 03G 906 018 DN
    Component and/or Version: R4 2.0l PPD1.2 1247
    Software Coding: 0000172
    Work Shop Code: WSC 06314 000 00000
    VCID: 74E73A5B174EF4BE80B-8021
    1 Fault Found:

008194 - Particulate Trap Bank 1
    P2002 - 006 - Efficiency Below Threshold - Intermittent
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00000001
    Fault Priority: 5
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 40
    Mileage: 300502 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2018.09.01
    Time: 17:50:23

Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 1888 /min
    Torque: 104.0 Nm
    Speed: 43.0 km/h
    (no units): 3.0
    Pressure: 106.5 mbar
    Lambda: 25.2 %
    Time: 4492.8 s

When i do an emergency regen i can get the Particle Filter Load Coefficient down from 35% to about 14%. As soon as it stops regen it starts to climb slowly.
    Particle filter carbon mass reads 0.07 and the carbon mass learned value reads 0.0%.
    Working out the DPF ash content it works out at about 0.04, This does seem low.
    I have already changed the exhaust pressure sensor and recoded it and i have had the DPF taken off and professionally cleaned. They have said that the flow rates were fine after cleaning.
    At a loss to why its failing regen under normal driving at the moment.
    Thanks again.

0 0 0

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345