1. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    I fitted this remotely with the on-line & phone assistance of Andy and, like everything, if I had to do it a second time it would be a fraction of the time.
    But break it into logical steps and it works out fine. The loom from the sensors in the bumper goes through the same large grommet as the reversing sensors and connects to power & can-bus behind a panel in the rear (Q7).
    Allow enough time, and if it was winter I would want to be indoors! As best I recall I did it in summertime, and that saves freezing fingers. Bumper is not so bad, but best if you have assistance ( I was alone).
    As previously, Andy is your man.

0 0 0

2. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi Andy,
    I would like to attempt this retrofit on my new Q5 TFSI e, as I had it on my previous Q5, but it concerns me that I might end up
    1) breaking something
    2) not have the requisite knowledge to complete it, and end up with the car un-usable!

I can see that there are parts kits available but also that some coding and removal of component protection is required.
    As I have had an argument with Audi here in Helsingborg ,Sweden, about the lack of side assist on the car, I don't really feel like going to them for any help, they've been useless so far!

Are you able to help with a more detailed procedure description and parts required. I think the door controllers will be ok as I have the folding door mirrors.

Best regards
    Peter

0 0 0

3. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPO01 View Post
    Hi Andy,
    I would like to attempt this retrofit on my new Q5 TFSI e, as I had it on my previous Q5, but it concerns me that I might end up
    1) breaking something
    2) not have the requisite knowledge to complete it, and end up with the car un-usable!

I can see that there are parts kits available but also that some coding and removal of component protection is required.
    As I have had an argument with Audi here in Helsingborg ,Sweden, about the lack of side assist on the car, I don't really feel like going to them for any help, they've been useless so far!

Are you able to help with a more detailed procedure description and parts required. I think the door controllers will be ok as I have the folding door mirrors.

Best regards
    Peter
    Hi Peter

Send me your VIN please via pm or email me at info @ audiupgrades.co.uk and we can chat there.

Your door controllers may need changing even if you have folding mirrors

Thanks

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

4. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @andyhud007
    Hi,
    I apologise if I'm in the wrong place I'm a newbie, but I too am interested in fitting the Side Assist with exit warning. Can you please help me ?

0 0 0

5. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPO01 View Post
    Hi Andy,
    1) breaking something

Best regards
    Peter
    Peter
    as per my previous post, it is feasible as a DIY task, with Andy's assistance. He can do the coding remotely assuming you have RemotePc or similar utility & VCDS. He did that for me (in Dublin, Ireland). I am reasonably practical, but this was a first for me and it has worked perfectly for several years now. A well worthwhile upgrade. Upgrading the door lighting to exit assist is a tricky practical exercise, and in truth debatable if it's worthwhile. But Side Assist is excellent, and RTA nice. Exit assist...? not convinced but it may depend on circumstances.

0 0 0

6. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Finally after all the COVID disruption have I fitted side assist and exit warning. It was all made possible by Andy Hudson from AudiUpgrades. The guy is an absolute genius and first class gent. He even flew out to Sweden to help me. I canÂ’t thank him enough.
    System works great, so IÂ’m very happy.

0 0 0

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678