0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inchshort View Post
    Bargain for someone who wants this system:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F362502901954

Just to be aware, the internal bumper mounting brackets are different from the e-tron to normal Q7: maybe the SQ7 is different also?

Side Assist/ RTA are great systems : indispensable.

0 0 0

3. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPlus View Post
    Just to be aware, the internal bumper mounting brackets are different from the e-tron to normal Q7: maybe the SQ7 is different also?

Side Assist/ RTA are great systems : indispensable.
    Yup, brackets are different in respect to

• One bracket part number for S-Line or SQ7 Variants
    • and a different bracket part number for SE or E-Tron Variants

Cheers
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

4. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello, does anyone have a “parts list” or part numbers? Would like to do this retrofit and start grabbing the parts I need. Thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktran350 View Post
    Hello, does anyone have a “parts list” or part numbers? Would like to do this retrofit and start grabbing the parts I need. Thanks
    Ktran350. It depends on what you have in your car already

PM me and we can chat.

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

6. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    After months of planning and parts collecting, I finally visited the great man Andy himself last weekend to do this very retrofit.. man, I was so impressed and jealous with the setup he's got there in his garage, every piece of kit needed to get the job done, both hardware and software, there is even a big TV screen next to the couch to view what he is doing from the workstation like a lot of professional garages!!! ... Andy explained everything he was doing, and was happy to involve me in the process as well because I wanted to learn.. he made sure I was happy with everything down to each wiring before putting things in..

We hit some challenges along the way due to some slightly incorrect parts being bought, totally on me.. but we got there in the end thanks to Andy's patience and knowledge! Lessons learnt, always double check with Andy on the parts before ordering, a tiny difference in parts number (a prefix or postfix) can make all the difference..

Now Side Assist and Exit Warning work perfectly on my Q which was an option I didn't realize the car is lacking until I picked the car up...and it was something I really missed from my previous car. The LEDs in the wind mirror light up when there are cars in the blind spot of the mirrors, and the red LEDs in the doors flash when I try to open a door and someone is coming close to the car on the same side... as the bonus, cross traffic alert is enabled as well… all thanks to the radar sensors we put in into the rear bumper. Very happy with everything, and big thanks again to Andy!!! I will be back for my next retrofit soon (night vision).

L.

0 2 0

7. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Great work mate, it’s a brilliant mod, and the cross traffic assist is **** scary when it brakes really hard if you’re reversing and it thinks you will hit the car!

Andy is a top guy with an impressive set-up had mine done off him last year.

did you get the dimming mirrors put in as well?, oh and add soft close doors to your mod list, this is like deja vu!

0 0 0

8. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Thanks man,Yeah I heard about the cross traffic thing... need to have a word it with missus so that she knows what's going on when it happens haha...

Luckily already got dimming mirrors but soft close door is definitely high on my list to do in the future haha.. all made possible by Andy

0 0 0

9. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Cheers Gents and thanks @jldiablo... another great retrofit and glad all is well...

Enjoy!

0 0 0

10. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inchshort View Post
    Great work mate, it’s a brilliant mod, and the cross traffic assist is **** scary when it brakes really hard if you’re reversing and it thinks you will hit the car!
    I had it happen for the first time in a long while yesterday! Turning right and the car coming the other way was turning left into the same road and I was a bit keen to start moving as the road was busy. I thought I’d been hit up the a***! Definitely works!
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast