Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Auto tilting passenger side window not working on 2nd Key when reversing

1. Auto tilting passenger side window not working on 2nd Key when reversing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Just wanted to double check this isn't a function I'm missing in the MMI.

I've begun to notice that when I drive with my wifes key, when I put the car in reverse the passenger window doesn't tilt properly when I put it into reverse, so it doesn't point to the kerb (even thought the rear view mirror is set pointing towards the passenger side.)

However, when I drive the car with my key and I put the car into reverse the passenger side window tilts to point towards to kerb so it works properly

Reckon this is a bug which i need to take to the dealer? or is there a setting in the MMI which you need to turn on?

0 0 0

2. Re: Auto tilting passenger side window not working on 2nd Key when reversing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    You have to store the tilt position for each key separately. It's a feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Auto tilting passenger side window not working on 2nd Key when reversing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    I'm sure this is an easy fix as it rings a bell!

With wifes key, put it in reverse and then adjust the mirror to point down the amount you want and then it should remember it.

I has similar issue the other day where my setting was pointing down too much. I'm sure this is the fix and no need for a dealer visit.

0 0 0

4. Re: Auto tilting passenger side window not working on 2nd Key when reversing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    I'm sure this is an easy fix as it rings a bell!

With wifes key, put it in reverse and then adjust the mirror to point down the amount you want and then it should remember it.

I has similar issue the other day where my setting was pointing down too much. I'm sure this is the fix and no need for a dealer visit.
    Exactly what I had to do - well the wife did, so shouldn't be an issue

0 0 0

5. Re: Auto tilting passenger side window not working on 2nd Key when reversing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Exactly what I had to do - well the wife did, so shouldn't be an issue
    Thanks chaps just tried it now, so works when I put it in reverse and the mirror tilts. However, when I put it in drive the mirror doesn't return back to the normal setting and instead just remains pointed at the kerb.

Then tried the reverse option of adjusting mirror in drive to its Norma position, but doesn't point to kerb when reversing.

0 0 0

6. Re: Auto tilting passenger side window not working on 2nd Key when reversing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papereyes View Post
    Thanks chaps just tried it now, so works when I put it in reverse and the mirror tilts. However, when I put it in drive the mirror doesn't return back to the normal setting and instead just remains pointed at the kerb.

Then tried the reverse option of adjusting mirror in drive to its Norma position, but doesn't point to kerb when reversing.

Just checking but you did drive off to see if the mirror returns to normal position? Just putting the car in drive will not bring the mirror to the normal position.

0 0 0

7. Re: Auto tilting passenger side window not working on 2nd Key when reversing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    What jake said. You need to drive off for it to return to normal position. Think it's as car goes over 5mph-ish
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

8. Re: Auto tilting passenger side window not working on 2nd Key when reversing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Yup your right, just tried it now thanks chaps

0 0 0

9. Re: Auto tilting passenger side window not working on 2nd Key when reversing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    I know I'm a bit late to the convo but thought i might add my 2cents, My 2016 q7 will only tilt if i leave the mirror adjuster knob selected on the mirror i want to tilt while reversing, so i always leave it selected on the left mirror and everytime i select reverse it tilts but if i dont have it selected then it doesn't move. Instantly moves back to normal position when drive gear is selected and doesn't require the car to be in motion.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: Auto tilting passenger side window not working on 2nd Key when reversing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezargh View Post
    I know I'm a bit late to the convo but thought i might add my 2cents, My 2016 q7 will only tilt if i leave the mirror adjuster knob selected on the mirror i want to tilt while reversing, so i always leave it selected on the left mirror and everytime i select reverse it tilts but if i dont have it selected then it doesn't move. Instantly moves back to normal position when drive gear is selected and doesn't require the car to be in motion.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    This is normal operation. Wing mirror selector must be on passenger wing mirror for reverse Tilt to work. Been like that for years on audis.

Hth

Andy

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 1 0