Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Odyn View Post
    Wheels and car look great, congrats. Those silver mirrors would kill me though!
    Thanks! The silver mirrors are a bit special. Wife has them on her R-Design as well. Over here I had a choice of silver, body colour or black. The silver are only fitted on S and RS models. They reflect a little bit on the car and in strong sun, mixes nicely with the blue colour of the car in the sidewindows. Quite like it tbh.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

2. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Very nice car. Colour and those winter wheels looks really good. Mine is the just the run off the mill Audi winter 18s.
    How much were they if you don’t mind me asking? Mate is looking for a set for his rs6 and they seem to be in the region of £2500 second hand.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    Very nice car. Colour and those winter wheels looks really good. Mine is the just the run off the mill Audi winter 18s.
    How much were they if you don’t mind me asking? Mate is looking for a set for his rs6 and they seem to be in the region of £2500 second hand.
    Thanks!

I previously had some cheapo winterwheels (like €100 a piece) in 18” but they won’t fit over the S6’s brakes so had to get some new ones for this. Decided I wanted Audi-looking wheels and in black (personally I find Audi wheels for winter not looking particular exciting) so decided to get these...the wheels themselves are 19” BBS SX Design Line in black (more off-black actually) and cost around €175 per piece here in Germany. Tires are Conti TS 830 (I think!). Total spent around €1500. Bargain! BBS have a configurator btw...

SX
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

1 0 0

4. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    €175 a piece is pretty good. Definitely looks better than my Audi winters.

0 0 0

5. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    The S6 continues to impress me with an ever improving mpg, but who's complaining?!

34mpg on a small trip from Cologne to Dusseldorf yesterday incl free speed sections etc (although I never went above 80mph!). For the ones that notice, I was using the Efficiency mode, but as a trial only. Does makde the S6 a very sedate (read: normal behaving) car. Have tried it on a recent trip to/from the UK as well but didn't make much of a difference in the end. Probably is great in winter though.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

6. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudi View Post
    The S6 continues to impress me with an ever improving mpg, but who's complaining?!

34mpg on a small trip from Cologne to Dusseldorf yesterday incl free speed sections etc (although I never went above 80mph!). For the ones that notice, I was using the Efficiency mode, but as a trial only. Does makde the S6 a very sedate (read: normal behaving) car. Have tried it on a recent trip to/from the UK as well but didn't make much of a difference in the end. Probably is great in winter though.
    I’m in the USA at the moment and I’ve hired a Camaro SS. I thought you’d be interested in some comparison V8 to V8.

I expected low 20’s to the gallon but it shuts down to a V4 when the power isn’t needed and in 600+ miles from Vegas to LA then LA to Carmel I’ve got 27.8 out of it. Pretty impressive for a hooligan with a 6.2L V8.

A couple of things impress me about the car. As you’d expect from a 6L engine producing 455bhp and 455lbs/ft it never feels stressed. 0-60 is listed at 3.9. It feels like it. The car has a split personality that’s controlled by the throttle. Calm and unexpectedly comfortable under normal driving, frantic and brutally frenetic when you use your right foot.

The biggest disappointment is the 8 speed gearbox which I thought was the same ZF as my BiTdi but is, according to the WWW, a GM 8 speeder. When you give it welly it doesn’t know what gear to choose but it’s seldom the right one. You have to be really careful how far you press the throttle or you end up dropping 3 or 4 gears and screaming down the road when all you really wanted to do was drop one gear and use the torque.

Of course, you can’t compare the interior quality to an Audi but the fit is good. It doesn’t rattle and the seats are comfortable.

All in all I’m impressed especially as In standard form this costs around £30k. Even with a crappy boot opening and useless rear seat space that’s a lot of car for the money and in this colour i think it looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Whats the size of the rear discs on the S6?
    RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics Brakes and lots more.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

8. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    Whats the size of the rear discs on the S6?
    No idea but they are bigger than say the BiTdi. Minimum size wheel with standard brakes are 19” (20” with Ceramic brakes).
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

9. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Im aware of the front and wheel size specs but was curious about the rear size.
    UPDATE: 356mm on rear.
    RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics Brakes and lots more.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

10. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Camero looks very "angry".. but I do like them (more so than the Ford Mustang).

I was in Las Vegas last week too.. could have met up for a cold one if we'd known.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 1 0

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast