Quote Originally Posted by EssexGonzo View Post
A comment made so much more relevant by the current market sentiment towards diesel power right now........
That is why my next car will be petrol or hybrid, unless they boost the range of all electric by 50 - 100% AND get the prices to be more 'approachable'.
The Tesla's have some nice toys but the model S is a pimped mondeo lookalike and the X is compromised for seating. And when you spec a nice one (decent range = more powerful) here in the UK you're into £100k plus territory.

I'm also increasingly disturbed by the complexity and potential for costly repairs in the diesel emissions systems now. Basically the relatively "simple" diesel engine has had a bunch of stuff added into the emissions systems that means it will break expensively much sooner than anything mechanical will fail. I love the way good diesel engines drive on the road (i.e. great mid-range grunt) but I think the bell has rung on the last round. VW group can blame themselves for providing a bunch of ammunition which means that the anti-diesel lobbyists can always point back at diesel-gate and wag their fingers.