Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EssexGonzo View Post
    A comment made so much more relevant by the current market sentiment towards diesel power right now........
    That is why my next car will be petrol or hybrid, unless they boost the range of all electric by 50 - 100% AND get the prices to be more 'approachable'.
    The Tesla's have some nice toys but the model S is a pimped mondeo lookalike and the X is compromised for seating. And when you spec a nice one (decent range = more powerful) here in the UK you're into £100k plus territory.

I'm also increasingly disturbed by the complexity and potential for costly repairs in the diesel emissions systems now. Basically the relatively "simple" diesel engine has had a bunch of stuff added into the emissions systems that means it will break expensively much sooner than anything mechanical will fail. I love the way good diesel engines drive on the road (i.e. great mid-range grunt) but I think the bell has rung on the last round. VW group can blame themselves for providing a bunch of ammunition which means that the anti-diesel lobbyists can always point back at diesel-gate and wag their fingers.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

2. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    An interesting observation......while gearbox is in "S" mode, the start/stop system is deactivated. This was not the case on my 2014 BiTdi.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 1 0

3. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudi View Post
    An interesting observation......while gearbox is in "S" mode, the start/stop system is deactivated. This was not the case on my 2014 BiTdi.
    Same in my 2017 Bitdi. S mode means no start stop.
    I've also only just noticed the gear selection between S and D is jerky in S and smooth in D, to the point you hardly notice it change. I'm not sure why it's jerky in S... surely a nice smooth change is better than a jerky one in any driving mode.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 1 0

4. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Figured I had to post this in my own thread as well. Latest "mod".....

Also I've just seen this pic. I promised myself just yesterday I wouldn't spend the money on these puddle lights, then I see this photo today.
    And and Audi dealer is selling them for £65 posted on eBay with loads of sets available... they're calling me

0 0 0

5. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Buy them from Amazon or E Bay and save yourself £45

0 0 0

6. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSRed View Post
    Same in my 2017 Bitdi. S mode means no start stop.
    I've also only just noticed the gear selection between S and D is jerky in S and smooth in D, to the point you hardly notice it change. I'm not sure why it's jerky in S... surely a nice smooth change is better than a jerky one in any driving mode.

Same on mine. But as it never was jerky on my BiTdi I put it down to the S Tronic gearbox.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

7. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Also I've just seen this pic. I promised myself just yesterday I wouldn't spend the money on these puddle lights, then I see this photo today.
    And and Audi dealer is selling them for £65 posted on eBay with loads of sets available... they're calling me

I have a spare set I would happily get rid off!

Bought for the rear doors but wont fit as I have the B&O system..... they do however fit fine if you have standard or the Bose system.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

8. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Same on mine. But as it never was jerky on my BiTdi I put it down to the S Tronic gearbox.
    It's barely noticeable, just you can feel the change compared to D which is silky smooth. I only notice it if I'm driving 'gently' in S mode.

Ref the ring lights, they're pretty cheap over here with postage so you might be better to flog them in Germany to recoup your money.

0 0 0

9. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    It's barely noticeable, just you can feel the change compared to D which is silky smooth. I only notice it if I'm driving 'gently' in S mode.

Ref the ring lights, they're pretty cheap over here with postage so you might be better to flog them in Germany to recoup your money.

Hehe...no problem, I am in the UK every 2-4 weeks so no worries there. Just happy if they find a nice home. Don't fit daughters A3 unfortunately....
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

10. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Just returned from north Essex to Cologne on one tank! Not bad, I am actually highly impressed!

In numbers, it did it at only 8.8l/100km = 34mpg

(Ignore the Capital UK - used TuneIn and the mileage driven since zeroed (forgot to zero it).
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast