Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Car collected......window tint sorted.

A full report with lots of pics will come, but in the meantime all I can say is WOW!!!!

So similar yet so very different than my old BiTdi!
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

2. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Ohh Ohh Ohh can't wait for the full report
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 1 0

3. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What a car. Best of luck with it!

1 0 0

4. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Would have posted some pics already but have just this morning discovered a water leak that needs attendance!
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

5. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Having sorted the leaking pipe by removing the outside bricks to gain access, I can now (finally) write my “little” report! Pics at the end!

Here’s a short report on my new 2017 S6 Avant that I finally collected yesterday, Friday 24/03/2017 after waiting some 4.5 months or so for delivery (could have been done earlier but was away for work in the ME and Africa).

Lets start with the main thing, the engine – what a machine! It sounds fantastic. Smooth and really ultra quiet. I keep getting caught out wondering if the engine is actually running. Well done Audi.

Gearbox – so far so good. My first S-Tronic ‘box but no complaints. Its ultra quick in changing gears, much quicker than the 8-speed tiptronic fitted in the BiTdi.

Suspension – both cars on air suspension. The S6 has a “S6 Specific” setup and is just that little bit harder, it also handles better. Its exactly what I always missed in the BiTdi.

Exhaust – I have the optional sport exhaust from factory (not available in the UK). Makes the rear pipes black instead of usual chrome. Can be controlled by the MMI under Individual. Sounds fantastic. Also makes the car do a power start (can be switched off).

Driving – compared to my previous BiTdi it’s a very different car to drive, yet so similar. The gas pedal is much more sensitive or perhaps all down to the fact that I have much more power in this one compared to the diesel?! Its more agile, handles much better, more fun etc. The list goes on.

Double Glazing all round – only had the front windows on the BiTdi and thought that was good. Well, this is something else. Similar to wife’s Volvo. Ultra quiet inside. Can hear nothing! Lovely.

Wheels – went for the optional 21” this time (also not available in the UK). Ride doesn’t worry me for one bit as I have air suspension. Ride is smooth and the tires were thankfully Conti’s instead of the crappy Pirelli’s!

Color – I went for the San Marino Blue (Exclusive Color). A Bmw color (don’t tell anyone!). Fantastic IMO and is a dark blue with a shade of purple. Changes with the light. Very happy with that choice. Suits the wheels and black windows wonderfully.

Lets go inside……

Here we have the same seats as in the previous one ie the Comfort Seats but with Audi Exclusive for the stitching, in fact all stitching in the car are from the Exclusive line and in Sepang Blue color.

Also opted for the Carbon trim as I was fed up with silver trim which I had in the previous one. Apart that the cars are pretty much the same inside but still so different. For example, the S6 comes with aluminium caps on the pedals, small “S6” deco on the steering wheel, a red ring around the start button, S6 step in protectors, rubber mats saying S6, S6 specific gear shifter, speedo and rev counter are a light grey shade compared to black and a few other things. Oh, love the speedo sweep!

The main change inside is probably the updates that Audi did a year or so ago (no idea when they came, 2015 I think).

For me, one of the biggest changes are in the MMI. Navigation is soooooo much quicker than before and thanks to the SIM card inserted I can now do online updates etc. Lots of things to play with!

Love the fact that the navigation also shows up in the middle of the speedo and rev counter!

Some options have also been moved around but are still in there. Personally I find the Google Earth maps crap. Need to try it out a bit more. Looking forward seeing/using the live traffic updates.

The change from simply connecting my old iPod to now no longer using it but the phone instead via the i-thing in the car takes some getting used to. I particular liked the comment made by Siri when he asked what I wanted to do and was told to F-off by me, the reply was a polite “there’s no need for that comment” and let me be…..

Another BIG improvement is the sound the B&O speakers make. Wow. Simply First Class. Nothing bad about the Bose I had, but this is much better. Just not worth the amount of money Audi want. Way overpriced but if you are, like me, a sound nut, go for it. You will NOT regret it!

Well, that’s all for now.

Happy to do pics and answering any comments/questions if possible.

/Patrik

Now, FINALLY, the pictures of the beast!!

2017 Audi S6 Avant

1 7 0

6. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Patrik - it's beautiful... and I'm not talking to you any more 'cos I'm going to go and sulk somewhere.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

2 1 0

7. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Amazing.....enjoy!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Quattro Black Edition
    2013 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Black Edition ​gone
    2010 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Le Mans. gone.

1 0 0

8. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    I've politely 'liked' your post but secretly I hate you

Colour is stunning!!

0 2 0

9. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhysoTDI View Post
    I've politely 'liked' your post but secretly I hate you

Colour is stunning!!

Thanks!

It does turn a few heads.....never expected that in an A6 :-)
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 1 0

10. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Thought I do some update since I took delivery last Friday....

First off, still a big WOW! The car is soooo different than my old BiTdi (which was GREAT btw!). The all-round insulation glass makes a huge difference in the noise level inside of the car. Totally quiet, even at very high speed.

The color do tend to get some attention having had people taking down their windows at traffic light, taking pics while driving, coming up and simply making a comment. Well happy with the choice of color so far. In fact, its a real head turner!

Engine....well, a big thumping V8, 450PS, turbo, yes....its very quick. Noticable quicker than the old one. Can't even compare them but I can say that its actually more refined and very silent at idle.

Love the way the phone/internet works with the Apple Car Play. Took some time getting used to though in my case. I especially like driving around Germany while listening to Capital Radio! The B&O sound system is superb but needs a little tweaking before sounding its best. At least in my ears.

The big question I have had in some PM's so far, the fuel consumption. While its very early says so far, its actually very good on fuel when driving sensible. The engine does also benefit from being able to shut down 4 cylinders while cruising at anything between 20-100 mph! The avg at the moment seems to hover around the 26-27mpg but give it some go and this easily goes down to 23-24mpg. But good news is that as the miles pile on, the mpg increases.

It will be interesting to see what kind of mpg it will show on Sunday when I head to the UK again. In Belgium and Holland I tend to take it easy (have had far to many fines there already!). While in the UK I will also meet one member on here....

Anyway, some pics (in the lovely summer weather we have here - 24C today!).

Now, this is an interesting one....my avg since leaving home is a mere 22mpg but had only done a very short journey of about 2 miles when I took the pic. However, what is kinda cool is the fact that I am driving at just over 80mph, cruise on, 4-cylinder mode on and it shows an mpg of 31-32mpg! I think it proves the point that todays modern petrol engines are really very very efficient. I am sure this will improve a lot over time (at the time of pic only have about 143 mls on the clock!
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 1 0

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast