2. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Changed my winter wheels back to the summer ones just a week ago so decided to ditch the original 21”Conti’s for new 21” Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. What a difference! Quiter, grip is several times better and time will tell re fuel consumption, but I would actually expect worse due to my more spirited driving....
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

3. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Were you running the ContiSport 5 or 6? Were they with ContiSilent?

0 0 0

4. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbore View Post
    Were you running the ContiSport 5 or 6? Were they with ContiSilent?
    I have no idea what the were, except Conti’s. Came with the car from factory. Sorry cant help on that one.

If you are looking for quiet, go for the Michelins.

My previous BiTdi came with 20” Pirelli’s, swapped over to Michelins on that one too, but after about 500 miles. Made a huge difference on that one too. The Pirellis are outright dangerous!
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

5. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Agree about Pirellis. I haven't used them for years on either cars or bikes; had a moment on a motorbike and never had any desire since to find out if they have improved. However, the Continentals with the Audi-specified foam inserts are uncannily quiet - considered to be much more so than the Michelins by those who have tried both. My car came with Continentals and they vastly outperform the car - on the public road, at least (not tried tracking it) - and they are super-quiet. I have stuck with them consistently, although it has been a difficult choice over the better value Michelins, but the extra quietness is worth it, I think.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbore View Post
    Agree about Pirellis. I haven't used them for years on either cars or bikes; had a moment on a motorbike and never had any desire since to find out if they have improved. However, the Continentals with the Audi-specified foam inserts are uncannily quiet - considered to be much more so than the Michelins by those who have tried both. My car came with Continentals and they vastly outperform the car - on the public road, at least (not tried tracking it) - and they are super-quiet. I have stuck with them consistently, although it has been a difficult choice over the better value Michelins, but the extra quietness is worth it, I think.
    Maybe the Continentals that are specific to Audi are for the smaller sizes? Mine were in 21” size and not specifically for Audi....perhaps that would explain why I find the Michelins so much quieter. My car also has the 360 degrees laminated windows (not available in the UK for some strange reason) so that would make a big difference between tire makes when not fitted.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

7. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Mine are 285/30/21 with the R01 Audi-specific fitment code. Yes - only got double glazing on the front in mine - definitely louder in the back than front.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2017 S6 Avant - On Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Was the same on my previous, front only. Wife then got a new XC60 where we added the laminated windows. Such a big difference I went for it as well. My dealer was extra excited about it as I also have the B&O and, according to him, can enjoy the sound even more....
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314