Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Greetings fellow VWAF’ers,

I’m sad to announce that after 10 years, I am resigning from VWAF as both moderator and community member.

Just as you’ve seen in the films, when one leaves a secretive establishment, they take with them the secrets contained within.

I’ve grown up on VWAF, I joined as a spotty teenager and I retire as a young father - I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time on here and loved having the opportunity to help as many charities as we have in that time.

This week is my last on VWAF and I’d like to thank you all (well, most of you) (probably not Zollaf ) for your participation, support and banter - it’s been a blast.

Those of you who wish to keep in touch ‘offline’ know how to reach me. (Click email on my profile for those who still don’t!).

A special thanks to all members of VWAF but the following members (in no particular order) get a special mention for either their contribution to the forum and/or their ability to make me chuckle, which is a talent now formally recognised.

Crasher - for his inexplicably large brain and wealth of knowledge all things VAG

Sam (previously mycarsavw, currently mycarsaseat, likely to be mycarsabmw or mycarsamercedesbenz). Was one of the first VWAF’ers I pm’d - a wonderful friendship emerged and has continued to grow ever since. I almost got close to being within 10 miles of his sisters once too. Almost.

Gupsterg - not so active any more, for reasons I’m aware of but can’t share. You’re missed Gup.

Zollaf - the only person I know who can reference sheep in nearly any context

Huweth - This welsh chap left a H shaped hole in my heart when he left - I loved watching his LPG project
    and he was the first ever person to reply to a thread/post of mine. We all remember him, along with hongkongstuey and the donkey guy. Much like westworld, you can’t beat first generation VWAF’ers.

Chris - A typically annoying Audi driver ( ) who seems to know everything about them. Not quite as annoying as he used to be, hence on the list.

Jimc64 - we’ve shared a number of heated debates <cough> Terraclean <cough> and for that reason I have a good chunk of respect for him, nothing was ever personal. He’s moved to -ford- Jaguar now so isn’t as active as he once was but if I’m ever in Scotland I’d probably consider maybe visiting him.

That kitty bloke (currently captain answer, inactive) - the one who changed his name a million times, used to post a lot, was quite funny, had this lovely thread which still makes me chuckle - VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen Group Community

Col - If for nothing else, certainly for starting this gem of a thread - VWAF Ex-pats club (CBTD drivers more than welcome)

Ben - He tried to bury the picture, the thread and anybody who’d seen either but I still laugh when I remember his brown slippertowbar thread. I’m an **** and I know it. Still makes me laugh though

Marc97 - A moderator who predated my addition to the team but did a lot of groundwork for VWAF and is rarely recognised. Also did a lot of work on the URL vinyls I ran for a short while.

Bor(a)ing Nick - One of the few members I’ve met in real life. Now a dad with no time on his hands and a beautiful woman at his side. Fair play to you Nick - I’ll continue to stalk you via Facebook, don’t worry

Phutters - I’m not going to lie. Most of the time, I’ve not got the foggiest about what you’re saying but when I do understand what you’ve typed, I’m usually chuckling away. Never before have I met someone who can use a thousand words to say something most would say in ten.

MalcQV - He once said he might let me be close to his ferrari. Then I mentioned his daughter and ruined it all. Sorry Malc.

Combover - for no reason other than his username. Combovers make me laugh.

It’s a good night from me.

Eshrules / Carl

Last edited by Sam; 21-11-2016 at 10:35 AM.

9 8 0

2. Re: Adios Amigos! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Best of luck in whatever you do. Thanks for everything you have done
    NOW GONE 2007 A6 2.7TDi Avant Le Mans Edition (180)

Mods:- ECU Remap, Rear Air Suspension, Rear Led Lights, Rear View Camera, Rear Privacy Glass, Titanium wheels, Colour Coded Fog Light Surrounds, FBMFSW, AMI, DAB, Chrome S6 pedals, Front Grille De-chrome, window surround de-chrome.

0 2 0

3. Re: Adios Amigos! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    take care and have fun...
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 2 0

4. Re: Adios Amigos! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's safe to say I like you like a brother from another mother.

Won't be the same without you, but I hope, one day, we'll see you here again.

Peace out, word to your mother!

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 3 0

5. Re: Adios Amigos! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eshrules View Post
    Crasher - for his inexplicably large brain and wealth of knowledge all things VAG
    I had you fooled too...

Quote Originally Posted by Eshrules View Post
    Zollaf - the only person I know who can reference sheep in nearly any context
    It isn't the referencing that has me worried
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 3 0

6. Re: Adios Amigos! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    nothing wrong with sheep. most fun you can have with 4 legs...

i'll get my wellies.....

0 2 0

7. Re: Adios Amigos! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    has he gone yet ? can we start being silly again yet ??

0 2 0

8. Re: Adios Amigos! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Why wait, it didn't stop you before.... or me....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 3 0

9. Re: Adios Amigos! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    As this has been announced on the forum without me even knowing it was going to be done, would anyone be interested in joining the team? If so drop me a message... I will then discuss it with the rest of the remaining team...

Seeing as this came as a surprise to be done like this I would like to wish Carl all the best for the future and thank him for all his help and support over the years..

Stuart
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 3 0

10. Re: Adios Amigos! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    carl, who the eck is carl ??

0 2 0