1. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    A hair dryer to warm up the scuttle may help a little bit.

0 0 0

2. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi,

I removed the side mouldings of the w/s and then used a pick the prise the scuttle up from the corner which helped and the it should come out easily don't forget that the scuttle has to be lifted up at a angle rather than being pulled out, also when putting it back use soapy water or window cleaner as it helps going back into place.

0 0 0

3. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    The scuttle Panel has a little lip that sits in a groove under the screen be careful as the lip can tear off the scuttle. Use a blunt plastic tool to lift the panel out of the groove.

I have broken a scuttle panel when lifting it out, they are £30 new.

Clean out the dirt from the groove before refitting the panel.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

4. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Wow thanks guys for the replies...and at Christmas time as well. Shouldn't you all be putting up decorations, tree, presents...maybe even doing the cooking..oh yeah and in the middle of working for a living!!!
    Hairdryer sounds logical but no power supply. I know from the YouTube clip that the scuttle comes up at an angle, but what sort of angle? I assumed at approx 90 degree from the windscreen so have been tugging in that direction... deffo on the cleaning out and using soapy liquid to replace the panel afterwards.
    I'll try to find some blunt plastic tool....though may have to improvise....

0 0 0

5. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Success...Success....Success!!!!! My first ever maintenance job on the A6 completed. The scuttle panel was a bugger, I did remove the windscreen side panel and try to prise a small plastic tool (paint brush carved down with a Stanley knife!) under the tip of the scuttle panel but it didn't help.
    In the end I had a friend tugging and pulling up from underneath the panel and me with a trusty piece of wood and a mallet lightly tapping the top of the scuttle panel parallel to the windscreen....it popped out surprisingly easy.

The next bit of difficulty was matching up the ECparts fan blower with the Audi case in the car. Not easy as the ECP part is a crappy fit but it's all together and happily working fine now. Though this morning in the frost I found myself thinking why don't these fancy Audi cars have wires in the windscreen like some Fords that defrost your screen very fast?

Anyway thanks for for the help n advice guys. Now I have the challenge of the suspension bush?? You guessed it, I've no idea yet!

0 0 0

6. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Great news mate, and yes if only Audi would put heating elements in their w/s it would be lovley, all the best with doing the bush's

1 0 0

7. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    I think ford/land rover/jag have some sort of copyright on the heated screen bit, makes me chuckle get in knackered works connect van and switch on heated screen, get in audi high spec motor and get scraping!
    Heated screens are like heated seats once youve had them you cant live without them

0 1 0

8. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Resistor of this fan is not working. Normally if resistor failure fan going to higher speed but it was used to be with older vehicles but in this new or after 2012 models is different. In this model on pcb circuit board there is a realay that clicks but don’t links if you are able to change it or change resistor control or full unit.

0 0 0

9. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    My blower seems to have developed the intermittent fault.
    When i works, it works fine..

Whats the usual suspects? Fan? Resistor? Ac pressure sensor?

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234