2. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi all, i had tbe resistor checked and that was fine it my motor fan that was ****** i got a new one from ecp for £50 (got a mate who wrks there) and n9wnut works a treat 🙏👍

0 1 0

3. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    That's good to hear jazzie....and just in time!!!
    Mine wasn't working, and now the damned thing seems to be working fine again. .... weird as I used to hear the droning noise prior to it not working one day. But now it's back and working fine again, the whirring droning noise has gone as well.

did any of you guys have similar experiences, intermittently working? I'm wondering if it's better to change the fan and resistor etc or just leave it to see if it packs in again..... thoughts?

0 0 0

4. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Crap, crap and lots more crap...I spoke too soon as the blower packed up again today. Again I heard the very faint whirring noise prior to it stopping. Looks like I'm gonna have to change that motor..... now for a warmish day please baby Jesus so I can get it done...hahaha

0 1 0

5. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok I've watched the video clip, very helpful thanks. Question reg removing the wipers, mine has an option on the mmi for windscreen wiper service position. Would that be of use or is it better just to copy Boris in his video? Sorry if it sounds a stupid question.....oh and my 3.0 quattro 08 plate would be the same reg the blower job as the 2.0 in the video? Thanks.

0 0 0

6. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro-Charlie View Post
    Ok I've watched the video clip, very helpful thanks. Question reg removing the wipers, mine has an option on the mmi for windscreen wiper service position. Would that be of use or is it better just to copy Boris in his video? Sorry if it sounds a stupid question.....oh and my 3.0 quattro 08 plate would be the same reg the blower job as the 2.0 in the video? Thanks.
    hi. no the service position does not make it any easier .follow the video. it is easy enough but you may find one of the bolts on the casing (back right) a bit of of pig to get at 'as on mine it is under a bit of a metal bracket thingy that is fixed to the body and you can not get at it to undo it so i cut the corner of plastic casing where the bolt is .as a last resort. also the wipers are TIGHT but a lot of wiggling and rocking back and forth will do it .but you have to be a bit patient with them they will give eventually good luck with it

1 0 0

7. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok Chris thanks for the extra advice....I'll do what you say and work my way through it....with care. Shame on you cutting the plastic!!! Hahahaha...no I sympathise with you, really. I've been a car park/Haynes manual warrior working in the dark using a torch with cold numb fingers before...so I know what it's like just wanting to get the job done! I've seen a blower on the ECP website for £79 inc the discount code etc which is pretty good. Thanks again dudes ��✌️️

0 0 0

8. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro-Charlie View Post
    Ok Chris thanks for the extra advice....I'll do what you say and work my way through it....with care. Shame on you cutting the plastic!!! Hahahaha...no I sympathise with you, really. I've been a car park/Haynes manual warrior working in the dark using a torch with cold numb fingers before...so I know what it's like just wanting to get the job done! I've seen a blower on the ECP website for £79 inc the discount code etc which is pretty good. Thanks again dudes ��✌️️
    hi charlie.. its up to you but i replaced the control unit at the same time as the fault could be either fan or control unit.and there about £40 .and felt while you were in there chris

1 0 0

9. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well as you'd expect at this time of year, I need to keep costs to an absolute minimum. The Mrs actually just asked me if I'm certain that it is the blower, prior to spending the money....I replied yep...well 90% anyway. From all that I've read....my symptoms seem to indicate the blower..... faint whirring noise from engine compartment often just prior to the blower packing in....when there was no noise for a few days the blower was great!!
    The econ light works...turns on and off etc..well actually I haven't attempted to test if it blows out icy cold air etc..but I'm guessing that it works.
    Btw I haven't had a symptom like the blower works less well, as I saw with some people's that were blocked or dead...one guy had a parking ticket stuck in his...so much for paying it early right!!
    Im quite certain but also just hoping that I'm correct and it's just the blower. I don't know what the symptoms are of the control unit being broken so at a slight loss..... I'd guess that perhaps they're the same as my current symptoms minus the faint whirring noise??

0 0 0

10. Re: Heater blower not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok........I got to the point of removing the scuttle panel and couldn't get the ba##ard off!!! Wipers needed quite a lot of encouragement but with the scuttle panel, I didn't want to go overboard with a screwdriver for fear of braking the windscreen.....I heard a noise which I didn't like the sound of and stopped there....... the guy in the clip makes it look easy.

I know that it's Christmas so don't expect any replays until afterwards but please guys if you can offer tips on removing the scuttle panel I'd appreciate it.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast