Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi A6 Le Mans avant. Quattro. Sports suspension damper replacement (rear)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Audi A6 Le Mans avant. Quattro. Sports suspension damper replacement (rear) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    PM me your reg number

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

2. Re: Audi A6 Le Mans avant. Quattro. Sports suspension damper replacement (rear) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Thing is if the rears are shot then the front will not be far off, and you will have new springs & shocks on the rear with 10 year old stuff on the front so you may find the car does not handle very well. I fitted an Eibach B12 Pro kit on my A6 sline it gives the same ride height and the ride comfort is way better than the old sline stuff (which was 10 years old and nackered) I got my kit from ebay germany was it was far cheaper than the UK prices, however the £ v € has changed so it may be the same they days. B12 PRO-KIT | Performance Springs+Shocks | Eibach.com | Performance Suspension | English | Europe

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 Le Mans avant. Quattro. Sports suspension damper replacement (rear) 
    Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    PM me your reg number
    Done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 Avant 2.7 TDi Quattro Le Mans..... xenon, 19" alloys, bluetooth phone, satnav

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 Le Mans avant. Quattro. Sports suspension damper replacement (rear) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I thought it would probably be 4F0 513 032 AG that you need but I wanted to check and it is, these retail at £132.56

Euro don’t list it and of the companies that do I don’t trust any of their cross references, especially (odd as it may seem) the Bilstein which cross references to standard, sports and off road heavy duty VAG numbers?

From what I can see you have no alternative other than genuine unless you wish to take a risk.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

5. Re: Audi A6 Le Mans avant. Quattro. Sports suspension damper replacement (rear) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I thought it would probably be 4F0 513 032 AG that you need but I wanted to check and it is, these retail at £132.56

Euro don’t list it and of the companies that do I don’t trust any of their cross references, especially (odd as it may seem) the Bilstein which cross references to standard, sports and off road heavy duty VAG numbers?

From what I can see you have no alternative other than genuine unless you wish to take a risk.
    Thank you very much for that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 Avant 2.7 TDi Quattro Le Mans..... xenon, 19" alloys, bluetooth phone, satnav

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 Le Mans avant. Quattro. Sports suspension damper replacement (rear) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Glad I found some people helping with this. I am also concerned about my rear suspension. The guy whom I bought my Le Mans from recently changed the shocks and springs. Not sure where he got the shocks but the springs he bought from eBay.

I dont think the seller honestly knew what the ride height should be, and in his defence he did only own the car for 6 months.
    Anyway.......it could be that this is a new car for me and I'm just imagining things but I think he may have put the wrong springs on the back as by looking at the car it is lower at the rear in comparison to the front. Is this normal?
    Ive looked at other Le Mans in pictures and 90% don't appear lower at the back.

I'm getting worried thinking surely if I'm correct, driving with it lower at the rear must be a bad thing?? Is there any way of checking what my ride height should be and measure from the ground upto the arch???

i don't know if this is connected but on full lock in either left/right direction I get what feels like tyre rubbing inside the hub, and I'm no driving expert but is it under steer when you turn the wheel whilst pulling away and the car feels like it still wants to go straight? Maybe it's just that I'm not accustomed to driving a Quattro with the wheels pushing from the back as well as the pulling from the front.

Anyway apologies to the op if I'm hijacking the thread.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 Le Mans avant. Quattro. Sports suspension damper replacement (rear) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro-Charlie View Post
    Not sure where he got the shocks but the springs he bought from eBay.
    PM me your reg and I will tell you what it should have and IF any of it is available aftermarket.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A6 Le Mans avant. Quattro. Sports suspension damper replacement (rear) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher I will do, but I've got to reach 15 posts before I'm allowed... lol. But I will. Although knowing what I should have is very good, I need to find what I've got and if I'm using the correct springs etc. And perhaps if this tyre rubbing is normal.
    Lovely pic of the Vulcan btw crash.

How about anybody else, I've asked a few queries above and could really use a bit of advice if someone can give me a minute of their time to help??? PLEASE!

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 Le Mans avant. Quattro. Sports suspension damper replacement (rear) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Hi crasher do you have the part number for the front suspension dampers

Much appreciated

Audi A6 Avant 2.7 TDi Quattro Le Mans..... xenon, 19" alloys, bluetooth phone, satnav, mmi 2g high,

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A6 Le Mans avant. Quattro. Sports suspension damper replacement (rear) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I would need your reg.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast