1. B8 2015 A4 Avant Quattro offside headlamp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have recently purchased a November 2015 A4 Avant Quattro (SE Technik) and the headlights are driving me crazy.
    it is fitted with halogen bulbs and when switching from dipped beam to main beam there is an area between the two beams (on the drivers side) where no light shines. Every other 4lamp unit car I have owned has had the main beam pattern overlap the dip beam pattern to give a continuous beam of light in front.
    This car has two separate areas (but ONLY on the drivers side). The unlit area between the two continues around to the side of the car and gives the appearance of a black beam bouncing across my field of vision at night. Apart from leaving swathes of road unlit, it is very distracting and, in my opinion, dangerous.
    My local Audi dealer (not the dealer who sold the car) says that this is normal!
    i cannot accept this.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Is it fixable?
    Help me keep sane, a solution would be great, please.
    G

0 0 0

2. Re: B8 2015 A4 Avant Quattro offside headlamp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Presumably you have checked that each bulb is correctly seated in its socket?
    I should have expected each side to be similar, so, that you say the problem is on driver's side only, raises the question
    as to whether the bulbs are properly seated.
    A4 B8 143 Tdi S Line Saloon 2008 (Gone)
    A4 B6 130 (6) Avant 2003(Gone)
    Lotus Elan SE 1991
    A4 B8 170 Tdi Quattro Technik Avant 2011
    A4 B8.5 143 Tdi S Line Black Edition Saloon 2013

1 0 0

3. Re: B8 2015 A4 Avant Quattro offside headlamp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Avant has been back to my local Audi Dealership twice now with the same outcome. No change.
    The technician says that this is common across the B8 A4 series and there is nothing that he/they/Audi can do about the line of darkness.
    I do not believe this, just as much as I believe that the first thing they would do, as the car still has over two years of Audi Warranty remaining, is check that the bulbs are standard and seated correctly. This is a BIG assumption, given that the technician did not know that there were FOUR lights on the front of my version (B8 SE Technik Quattro). He was trying to tell me that no headlamp (halogen) can have dip filament and main filament on at the same time... he then realised (probably from the look of amazement and total disbelief on my face) tha my car has one pair of beams for either.
    It all comes back to my original statement to him...in 45 years of driving (and many more riding motorcycles) i have NEVER come across a four-headlamp system where this overlap of beams is so wrong.

I will try and add video footage.

If it works (my first time trying this) take note around the 0'27" marker and again at 2'00" to 2'30" marker.
    Although the camera (dash cam) is trying to compensate for low light by boosting the image you can probably get an idea of what I am trying to convey.

Thanks to everyone who has answered me so far.https://www.facebook.com/rsrc.php/v3...PAXP-deijE.gif
    Last edited by Hofner500/1; 29-10-2016 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Video footage attached

0 0 0

4. Re: B8 2015 A4 Avant Quattro offside headlamp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hofner500/1 View Post
    I have recently purchased a November 2015 A4 Avant Quattro (SE Technik) and the headlights are driving me crazy.it is fitted with halogen bulbs and when switching from dipped beam to main beam there is an area between the two beams (on the drivers side) where no light shines.G
    By any chance, you can push them to change the headlight out for test, could be like factory fault as its only one side problem(or drivers side is adjusted to the lhd or something like this).
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0