1. C7 Supersport Seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I have my BE Avant on order and am 2 weeks away from start of build. I've been toying with adding super sport seats to the order before it is 'locked down'. Has anybody ordered one with these seats and what do you think of them? How does the comfort compare to std S Line seats?
    2017 model A6 Avant Black Edition 3.0Tdi (272) Quattro, Sepang Blue Exclusive Paint, Tech Pack, Matrix LEDs, Ambient Lighting, 20" 5 Twin Spoke Wheels, S Line Suspension, Audi Smartphone Interface, Debadged

0 0 0

2. Re: C7 Supersport Seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I ordered them and I'm very please with the seats. I had the sline seats on my other C7 and the found the super sports seats to be more comfortable, think they also add to the look of the interior.

0 0 0

3. Re: C7 Supersport Seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by istate75 View Post
    I have my BE Avant on order and am 2 weeks away from start of build. I've been toying with adding super sport seats to the order before it is 'locked down'. Has anybody ordered one with these seats and what do you think of them? How does the comfort compare to std S Line seats?
    o

They are definately NOT any more comfortable, and if your on the largeish side are more uncomfortable as they side wings are restrictive. Order the comfort seating and delete the S Line suspension, if its comfort you want as that really is a revelation on long journeys
    2016 A6 Avant S Line Black Edition 2.0L Auto Quattro - Glacier, 20" Wheels, MMI High, Matrix LED's, Phone Box, Sport Diff

Traded - 2012 A5 3.0 Auto S Line (Non-Quattro) - Did 116k miles in this one

0 0 0

4. Re: C7 Supersport Seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Same as B5NUT for me, I had normal s line seats in my last C7 and ordered supersports this time, they ARE more comfortable and they look great. I am normal build and find the extra side support good, when I was making my choices the showroom had both in 2 cars side by side so I done a very good comparison.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Quattro Black Edition
    2013 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Black Edition ​gone
    2010 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Le Mans. gone.

0 0 0

5. Re: C7 Supersport Seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    By heck super sport seat really does get some people back up, pardon the pun! I cannot comment on "largish side" but what I can comment on is having 2 C7's this year, one with standard sline seats and one with ss seats, I did just under 2,000 miles in the sline seats and so far just over 800 miles in the ss seats and for me personally ss seats ARE more comfortable.

0 0 0

6. Re: C7 Supersport Seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    23,000 miles in 18 months - almost all of it on the motorway. SS seats are not comfortable at all (just my opinion, of course). They get you about 2 hours into a journey, where their lack of support and suppleness really starts to be tiring. I even looked into swapping them out for comfort seats a few months ago. I do agree that they visually lift the interior, though.

0 0 0

7. Re: C7 Supersport Seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbore View Post
    23,000 miles in 18 months - almost all of it on the motorway. SS seats are not comfortable at all (just my opinion, of course). They get you about 2 hours into a journey, where their lack of support and suppleness really starts to be tiring. I even looked into swapping them out for comfort seats a few months ago. I do agree that they visually lift the interior, though.
    I'll be more than happy changing my s-line ones for SS ones :- )

On another note, I too did not find them any more comfortable but I did not drive much in one with them and the rest were in the showroom which being new were obviously a little more comfortable initially.

Maybe it's worth taking one out for a drive (longer drive) to decide as they're certainly not cheap
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

8. Re: C7 Supersport Seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I only stuck with them because it affects the resale value if you spec Comfort seats on an RS6. Wife wanted comfort seats with massage but I chickened out of them in the end to keep the residuals up. Now wish I had focused on making the car right for my needs, not those of the next owner. For every second I spend admiring the interior (and SS seats do look stunning), I spend an hour sitting in the seats regretting them... I dream of a massage on a long journey (I have tried the comfort seats with massage - they are awesome - and give almost as much lateral support as SS seats for when you want to drive with spirit).

0 0 0

9. Re: C7 Supersport Seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    I spec'd sports seats 'cos the standard seats are not great and they are very comfy - but not as comfy as the comfort seats I had in my C6 (no massage function). The SS seats are not as comfy - based on comments from my brother who has them in an S4, I never did any long trips in the S4 but overall perspective was that the seats were snug and could become restrictive after a long trip.
    I've tried comfort seats with massage in an A8... awesome.

If I were buying again I think I'd swallow the extra cost and go for comfort seats.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

10. Re: C7 Supersport Seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    The problem with the comfort seats is that Audi for some daft reason don't offer them unless you buy an SE spec car, and the cost of the comfort seat with the massage function is almost £4500 as you also have to add another option @ £250. The OP is buying a black edition so only choice is sline or SS seats and out of the two I prefer the SS seats in respect to comfort and style.
    Last edited by B5NUT; 28-10-2016 at 10:45 PM.

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast