1. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad I didn't go with the blackvue! Definitely no negative impact to DAB reception - that said, the DAB aerial is in the rear side window.

0 0 0

2. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    I want to buy the blackvue front rear set 650S but I don't want it killing my dab or my TV tuner. Same boat. Lol
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

3. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the Blackvue DR650GW and have no issues with DAB reception. Although in saying that the DAB reception in the Highlands is pretty poor as soon as you leave Inverness. Definitely no worse with the Blackvue fitted though. Not sure about TV reception as i don't have that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Of course I might be doing the Blackvue a disservice and it could just have been where the installer ran the (very long) lead to the rear camera - if he went down the side with the DAB antenna it might explain it. It's very reproducible though - plug in rear camera = no DAB. Unplug rear camera = 70+ stations.

0 0 0

5. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amacuk View Post
    Of course I might be doing the Blackvue a disservice and it could just have been where the installer ran the (very long) lead to the rear camera - if he went down the side with the DAB antenna it might explain it. It's very reproducible though - plug in rear camera = no DAB. Unplug rear camera = 70+ stations.
    Wow, that is bad. Definitely no change in my DAB reception since having the F770 installed. I am almost certain the cable runs down the passenger side of the car and the DAB antenna is in the rear drivers side window which may explain things?

0 0 0

6. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Blackvue Accessories : DAB Noise Suppressor

This should sort out your DAB problem... worked for me with a Golf GTI i had.

Sent from my Samsung S7 using Tapatalk.
    VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4 Motion 2016 manual

Full VCDS Available

0 0 0

7. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mckee25 View Post
    Blackvue Accessories : DAB Noise Suppressor

This should sort out your DAB problem... worked for me with a Golf GTI i had.

This is simply a split ferrite ring that you can buy much cheaper from Maplin etc.

I have used the Blackvue in my last 2 cars and none have had issues with poor DAB reception so may just be down to poor installation or a poor power supply lead on your particular model. I have installed the camera myself and ran the rear lead down the passenger side at high level with no issues although there is a lot of chat on forums etc about a number of different brand cameras.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yep thats what it is.... i never said he had to get it from blackvue, it was purely a suggestion of what could cure the problem. You may not have had a problem with your setup but it seems strange that blackvue would sell this item if there is not a problem for some people using DAB with a blackvue camera...

VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4 Motion 2016 manual

Full VCDS Available

0 0 0

9. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think this is turning into a bash Blackvue thread!! If you read the internet this is an issue with a number of dash cams not just Blackvue. Either way it has not affected either of my cars so perfectly happy with it from my point of view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I think it's just more known with BV. I was a very strong supporter of BV ever since the 300 came out and went from version to version all the way to the 550. Despite the 400 and 450 dying due to the heat issues (also known), I still tried the 550 and it was only when I started having memory issues did I find out how poor BV support was. After that I vowed never to go back to BV. But I too had issues with DAB especially where I had a 2-cam system. First BV denied it...then they released a replacement cable that connected the front to the back and after that it all died down as more and more people either accepted it or changed.

With the Thinkware, both 750 and 770 I have had no issues at all with DAB in both the A6's, A7 and A3.

With BV, I tried the noise suppressors too from a few to LOADS but it did not help at all...if anything it made things worse in that the trims would not close as some suppressors were too big.
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast