Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    I swapped out the 32GB SD Card that came with it for the 128GB one I had in the Android tablet I bought to use with the OBDeleven (Samsung Memory 128 GB EVO). Seems to work without issue and has obviously increased the length of time it can record in parking mode. In the default format, it is now recording the last 16 hours in time-lapse mode in the default SD format A. I will probably switch to format C which allocates a lot more time to parking mode.

Also not had it cut off due to battery drain and although early days, its encouraging that when I pull up at the first junction after setting off, the engine stops so the battery drain must be fairly light.

The only negative is the reflections captured in bright sunlight, particularly off the front windscreen. I managed to find this demo of polarising filters specifically for the F770. I went for both but I think it's probably just the front that's really worth it (music is bad!):

Moovika Filters for Thinkware F770 Dash Cam - YouTube

Pics here: New CPL Filter ThinkWare F770 by Moovika | DashCamTalk

Ordered them from this french site (using Chrome's translate feature!)
    * Front: Polarizer Filter ThinkWare F770
    * Rear: Polarizer Filter ThinkWare F750
    Superb, thanks for the heads up on the filters, just bought front and rear (got pumped on the exchange rate with PayPal - 1.06 €/£!).

No issues at all with the 128 GB memory card? I'd read that some 128 GB cards can be temperamental and some work perfectly, seems you got the latter so may get one of these...I think the maximum size stated in the bumf is 64 GB?
    MY17 SQ7, Sepang Blue, 22s, and lots of toys.
    MY16 Passat Bluemotion GT, Reflex Silver, 19s, only a few toys.

0 1 0

2. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
    Superb, thanks for the heads up on the filters, just bought front and rear (got pumped on the exchange rate with PayPal - 1.06 €/£!).

No issues at all with the 128 GB memory card? I'd read that some 128 GB cards can be temperamental and some work perfectly, seems you got the latter so may get one of these...I think the maximum size stated in the bumf is 64 GB?
    Yeah, exchange rate was poor!!

No issues with the SD Card at all. Whilst it was at the dealers in captured everything without any issue. I had the last 16 hours of parking time-lapse, plus all of the continuos recordings from when it was driven or moved. I switched it over to format C last night about 8pm so will check later to see whether it has extended the time-lapse footage. I think it should triple it, so should be able to get the full 48 hours that it will allow before it auto shuts off.

When I was researching, i found someone who had mentioned their Samsung SD worked okay and as it happens, I'd ordered this one for the tablet: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00V4BRF...085621_TE_item

0 1 0

3. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Yeah, exchange rate was poor!!

No issues with the SD Card at all. Whilst it was at the dealers in captured everything without any issue. I had the last 16 hours of parking time-lapse, plus all of the continuos recordings from when it was driven or moved. I switched it over to format C last night about 8pm so will check later to see whether it has extended the time-lapse footage. I think it should triple it, so should be able to get the full 48 hours that it will allow before it auto shuts off.

When I was researching, i found someone who had mentioned their Samsung SD worked okay and as it happens, I'd ordered this one for the tablet: Samsung Memory 128 GB EVO MicroSDXC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card with SD Adapter (Frustration Free Packaging): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    Cheers...I nearly bought that card off Amazon earlier but some of the reviewers reckon they got a fake card, might nip along to Costco and see what they've got.

0 0 0

4. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
    Cheers...I nearly bought that card off Amazon earlier but some of the reviewers reckon they got a fake card, might nip along to Costco and see what they've got.
    I just make sure it's sold by Amazon and not other sellers. Problem is, all the reviews get mixed together.

0 1 0

5. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Discovered an issue with the polarised filter with my windscreen. It has athermic glass apparently which causes the strange effect below. Not sure if it's because I have heated windscreen or double glazing. Rear filter is fine so returning the front one.

Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

6. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys,

I read some negative feedback on amazon for F770, like:
    I have also had nothing but issue with the F770 Dashcams Wi-Fi and my mobiles, this has worked perfect on other Wi-Fi dashcams I've had in past.
    or:
    Camera switches on and off intermittently. Don’t realise you are not recording and 20 mins into your journey starts up. Format memory card can go on thru entire journey and all you can do is unplug it. I’ve formatted the card and 5 mins later its telling you again, several times this has happened.
    or:
    Had this fitted by a Thinkware recommended fitter and found that when set up it refuses to allow access to iPhone via inbuilt wifi. Not all settings are available through the Thinkware App and attempts to download recorded files throws the App out.
    I'm looking for 2 channel dash cam and I'm thinking about Thinkware F770 or Blackvue DR650. I think I would rather go for F770 after watching some reviews of YT, but these reviews really troubles me. What's your experience with F770? Any issues at all?

0 0 0

7. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Discovered an issue with the polarised filter with my windscreen. It has athermic glass apparently which causes the strange effect below. Not sure if it's because I have heated windscreen or double glazing. Rear filter is fine so returning the front one.

I get the same effect when I look at my iPhone screen whilst wearing my polarised sunglasses, I also get it to a much lesser extent in my Passat when wearing them, it has the type of heated windscreen with the very feint (almost invisible) heating elements running vertically down in. Haven't noticed this in the SQ7 though.

Anyway, my filters are on their way so I'll let you know if I have the same issue - I don't have the double glazed windscreen but I do have heated windscreen.

0 2 0

8. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacke View Post
    Hi guys,

I read some negative feedback on amazon for F770, like:

or:

or:

I'm looking for 2 channel dash cam and I'm thinking about Thinkware F770 or Blackvue DR650. I think I would rather go for F770 after watching some reviews of YT, but these reviews really troubles me. What's your experience with F770? Any issues at all?
    None of the above. It took a little while for it find GPS signal when it was first installed, but now it works flawlessly.

0 0 0

9. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Hi Jacke,

I'm only 10 days in but so far it's worked flawlessly and very happy with the device and the fitting from Chameleon (via Gyro's recommended RAC route).

It's possible that the issues you mention have been resolved by updates to the mobile app and firmware updates to the dashcam? I've also seen comments about some SD cards not working but had no issue with the 32gb thinkware one provided and the 128Gb Samsung one I've now got in it.

So impressed with the length of time I'm getting in parking mode. It's able to capture a couple of days. Also with the sensitivity set to high, it was capturing parking incidents when loud fireworks went off nearby.

The only negative is the reflection of the dash in bright conditions but that would be the same with any dashcam.

The only odd behaviour is you can the occasional instance during the night where it briefly flicks from parking mode to continuous mode (normally when ignition on / driving). I've assumed the car does something which is enough to trick the dashcam but it then quickly reverts to parking / timelapse.
    Former Q7 owner

1 0 0

10. Re: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies.

I've checked dates of the reviews posted on amazon - October '16 so kind of recent. Anyway, good to hear that there are people who had no issues with those at all. Odd behaviors mentioned by srbsg7 wouldn't be an issue to me, so I guess I will give it a try.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast