1. Buying an A6 black edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im currently looking at a 2014 A6 black edition with 32k miles from Glasgow Audi. I had an initial look at the car just after it had been traded in. 3 of the wheels need a refurb which is getting done. I did notice that the tyres on the passenger side were Barum as opposed to the dunlops on the other side. Generally id never put a tyre like that on my car and would want them changed. Is it being petty telling them i want them replaced? The car is 21k and i feel it shouldnt be sold with budget tyres.

Is there anything else to look out for when buying? Ive already had to return a A6 last week due to the mileage been seemingly clocked amongst other things so want to make sure this car is 100%

Cheers folks

0 0 0

2. Re: Buying an A6 black edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    The only thing we have had changed is the rear windscreen as there is an issue that when you switch the rear de-mister on it wipes out DAB reception. Known fault so you could check that out

0 0 0

3. Re: Buying an A6 black edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    The only thing we have had changed is the rear windscreen as there is an issue that when you switch the rear de-mister on it wipes out DAB reception. Known fault so you could check that out
    thanks, thats somthing id never heard about. The last a6 that we returned was a nightmare so im just hoping this one turns out better!

0 0 0

4. Re: Buying an A6 black edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It's all about the service history. Doesn't need to be main agent, but call the last garage in the book and see if they had any advisories if it was fairly recent

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 Avant S Line Black Edition 2.0L Auto Quattro - Glacier, 20" Wheels, MMI High, Matrix LED's, Phone Box, Sport Diff

Traded - 2012 A5 3.0 Auto S Line (Non-Quattro) - Did 116k miles in this one

0 0 0

5. Re: Buying an A6 black edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    This does no way imply the c7 will be the same but I went for Barums for my C6 2-3 years in a row with a 8-12 month change so enough sets to really feel the differences between them and the original conti's that were on it.
    Issues? none.
    I believe Barums are essentially a conti rebranded/same factory?

In actual fact, I found I got more mileage from the Barums and having had a flat at high speed in both brands, the barums handled it very well

The c7 has Pirelli's so can't comment on the C7 + Barums but shouldn't think you would have huge issues with them
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

6. Re: Buying an A6 black edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Can't comment on the Barums as I have no experience of them, however I would suggest, assuming tread wear allows it, to put them both on the same axle so that you get similar grip experience on the left and right of the car. You don't want to be in a situation where you suddenly find one side of the car loses grip because the tyre characteristics are different. You don't mention engine size or transmission but if it is an auto then be aware that it will need a fluid change at c38k miles and factor that into your negotiations on price with the dealer. On my second C7 and have had no issues with either. Not sure when the change was made but it is possible that if it is a 2.0TDi with 177bhp engine (ie not Ultra) then it will be affected by the Dieselgate Recall

0 0 0

7. Re: Buying an A6 black edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the info guys. Its an automatic (my 1st ever) 2.0 diesel, not ultra. With it being on 32k it's due the transmission fluid in 6 months, thanks for letting me know. Audi have offered 2 years servicing but I'm unsure if that will be included.
    As for the tyres if they don't get replaced I'll make sure they are matching front and rear.

0 0 0

8. Re: Buying an A6 black edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Seems strange that you would replace the two tyres on one side of the car - the only scenario that springs to mind is hitting a large pothole that took out both tyres. I would want to know that the tracking had been checked and adjusted and that the wheels had been checked for trueness.

You would also have to have little interest in your own safety to fit a completely different brand of tyre to one side compared to the other.

Personally, I think it sounds like a car that has not been loved. I would move on and find another.

1 1 0

9. Re: Buying an A6 black edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it is strange that the 2 passenger side ones are changed.

We're heated seats standard? I looked at 10 cars online and all had heated seats. The one I looked at doesn't

0 0 0

10. Re: Buying an A6 black edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Unfortunately heated front seats were an option until the latest model year
    Current - FL A6 Avant 2.0 Ultra BE S-Tronic, Tornado Grey, 20" titanium alloys
    Previous - 2012 - A6 Saloon S-Line 2.0TDI, Daytona Grey, 19" 7 Twin spokes, DAB
    The good ladies - 2014 Golf GT 1.4 TSi ACT - Black

0 0 0