1. Creaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My B8 saloon has taken to making creaking sounds when going over speed humps (at sensible speed).

Has anyone found the same? I have had this happen on other cars whereby the issue ceases as soon as it rains. Guessing its some 'dry' suspension components. Switching the driver profile to sport seems to lessen the effect from the 'normal' mode I usually have it in, but not completely.

Due its 2nd service soon so will raise it with the VAG garage.

Thanks for reading

D

0 0 0

2. Re: Creaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Haven't noticed that.

I do have an annoying rattle from inside the cabin when engine vibrates a little more. Seems to come from between the steering wheel and the door panel.

0 0 0

3. Re: Creaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nor me and I hope I don't. I have a vibration at 1200 rpm which I think someone mentioned was from the heater matrix. Hope you get to the source of the issues.

I have to say adter owning a number of vag cars in particular Passat B6 I expected the build, fit and finish to be better.
    Big list of VAG previously owned. Currently 66 reg Passat 2.0tdi 150 SEB with factory lowering, 18" wheels and ambient lighting plus. Recently fitted aftermarket LED DRL.

0 0 0

4. Re: Creaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your replies chaps. I don't have the same rattle you describe, although it appears I am not alone in my issue. I posted the same message on uk passats forum and received a reply from a chap with the same problem that VW cannot fix!
    I have to say this new passat, whilst a nice drive, is let down by this issue and the unrefined engine feel at low engine speed. If the creaking suspension cannot be fixed i will change it as it is too intrusive inside the cabin. I think the car would feel better with a petrol engine too.
    D

0 0 0

5. Re: Creaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just started to notice that today in exactly the same place on my 150 R Line, I'll vary the revs a bit tomorrow and see if that changes anything.

0 0 0

6. Re: Creaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep, I get creaking over speed bumps too... plus rattles at about 2000 revs. The dealership did the heater matrix mod but the rattle remains. They couldn't fimd the cause of the creaking. I'd really like to hear from anyone who gets this sorted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: Creaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have been wondering if the creaking is caused by the plastic cover under the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Creaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well mine went in today for its 2nd service (17.5k miles!!!).
    whilst there they 'lubricated' the suspension was all the girl at the desk could say. Didn't make the slightest difference i noted on the way home!
    The brand new b8 estate i had as courtesy car also had the same problem. As does my son's teachers, also a 65 plate, so I am satisfied this is not an isolated issue.
    I will take it back but in all honesty I have neither the time nor inclination to play back and forth with a garage over this.
    I shall turn the radio up and start looking for something else
    D

0 0 0

9. Re: Creaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What are you doing with your sons Teacher.....
    2000 2.5TDI Quattro 173,000miles, just run in...Sold
    2006 TT 3.2 Quattro 40,000miles
    2005 A6 Avant 3.0TDI Quattro

0 0 0

10. Re: Creaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWKS View Post
    What are you doing with your sons Teacher.....
    What?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast