Hi guys!

I'm quite fed up. I've just bought a Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI Multitronic plate 58 with 95.000miles on it!

Timing belt (toothed belt) was ticked in the service book at 87.000 miles but I managed to find out is wasn't changed at all! So I got back to my dealer who also admitted that seems to be not done and we agreed to change it on his own garage.

So yesterday the garage has changed my timing belt included all the bits on the kit, also asked to change the water pump which was also changed. I had to pay but just a small amount!

On the way home after timing belt change and after awhile when getting out of the motorway into the city my car started behaving weird.

Basically: when accelerating in low speeds the multitronic seems to get a bit confused and lost its smooth. If I hit the pedal deeply it does response quickly and with power, but if I do it slowly the car seems to have less power than before. Seems like the turbo is not working properly but if you hit the pedal it starts working again, but is not as smooth as before.

All of this happens between 1800-2000 rpm and also the glow plug light lights up and disappear! The car drives ok, just not as smooth as before! It happens more in Drive mode than in Sport mode. Manually it does the same, between 1800-2000 if accelerating the Glow plug light always lights up at least once, for a second or so.

All of this after the timing belt being changed. Before I was impressed with multitronic been so smooth and powerful at same time.

Tuesday I'm going back to the garage to see if there is any erros codes to read. I've searched a lot and seems like it can be so many things, however could see any situation like mine!

What do you thing that as been changed on engine with timing belt and water pump replacement? Any leak? Something was disconnected and not connected back properly?

Your thoughts will help me a lot when getting back to garage!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk