1. Re: Another smokey 3.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just found this listing on ebay.de: Einspritzdüse Satz 6 Stück 3,0 TDI 2,7 059130277 AP Audi VW TDI Düse INJEKTOR | eBay

What do you reckon to recon injectors?

Pretty cheap, if they accept a best offer at 681€ then thats €700 delivered for the six. That listing seems to suggest that there is an injector with AP suffix that will work for almost all other versions...

Opinions?

0 0 0

2. Re: Another smokey 3.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaspard View Post
    I just found this listing on ebay.de: Einspritzdüse Satz 6 Stück 3,0 TDI 2,7 059130277 AP Audi VW TDI Düse INJEKTOR | eBay

What do you reckon to recon injectors?

Pretty cheap, if they accept a best offer at 681€ then thats €700 delivered for the six. That listing seems to suggest that there is an injector with AP suffix that will work for almost all other versions...

Opinions?
    Looks like a good deal for a refurbished set, with a 12 month warranty. They want €300 as a deposit in advance for your old set. You should send them an email about the coding numbers of each injector.
    2006 Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI Tiptronic

0 0 0

3. Re: Another smokey 3.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK, forget the injectors for the moment.

I charged the battery overnight, and started it up this morning to test the new glow plugs and relay. Started and ran really well when cold.

BUT then after running up to temp it started 'missing' again on one cylinder real lumpy at low revs under strain (in drive but with foot on brake).

Spent a long time removing all the fault codes from the flat battery, and then saw a new recording of my preheat calculator number 2 fault code. Went round the front and pulled off a heater plug connector with engine still running and it was getting 14v again.

So assuming that the brand new 11-connector bosch relay isn't faulty (and probably neither was the one I replaced) what is causing the preheat to go back to full battery voltage continuously after the initial preheat stage? Is there a temp sensor on the block or in the coolant that serves the preheat calculator/relay... is there another relay to change?

Hope I haven't roasted another set of GPs because whilst cheaper than injectors, they are starting to add up!

1 0 0

4. Re: Another smokey 3.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh yes i had.

I have hopped onto the other thread about glow plugs... but I if anyone here has any ideas, I'm not proud, I'll take anything...

0 0 0

5. Re: Another smokey 3.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm back with more news (bad).

It appears from work done over on the rosstech forum that the problem is likely to be ECU damage caused by reverse currents during cranking caused by weak earths to/from the block. So must replace earth strap, and attempt to add another to each head as security, then send ECU off and have it repaired...

But whilst doing my own research on the car I did a compression test. Oh dear.

So car cold, injectors unplugged, all GPs removed, tester installed in each GP hole in turn, cranking on battery for 10 secs each:

Cyl pressure
    1 270
    2 380
    3 365
    4 365
    5 200
    6 360

So that is pretty bad huh? I repeated the suspect ones and got the same bad news.

Could this be injector failiure? pressure escaping up injector shaft? No? Thought not!

Incidentally here are some pertinant vcds readings:

16:06:37 Groupe 013
    -1.13 mg/tps Quantité inject.
    -1.65 mg/tps Quantité inject.
    -0.42 mg/tps Quantité inject.

16:07:08 Groupe 014
    -0.94 mg/tps Quantité inject.
    4.85 mg/tps Quantité inject.
    -0.66 mg/tps Quantité inject.

So its valves, rings or bores... what now? leakdown? How?

No. 5 shows up in the injector correction readings, but No.1 doesn't. I had to helicoil the GP hole in Cyl No.1 so I wonder it it wasn't sealing with the tester but does with a GP... I don't know.

Please hold my hand this is really starting to get serious!

0 0 0

6. Re: Another smokey 3.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    thats not good. 2 things i would do first. either make 6 blanking plugs for the injectors and try again, or swop the injectors round to rule them out. no, its not possible for and injector to allow air up it, not according to anyone i have ever spoken to but i swear i have had one do it. an l200 with rotary pump. the keyway sheared and centre bolt came loose. one injector was totally kaput, just a stream of fuel. impossible to fire air through it but i think it did and stalled the pump.. . so yes, rule out injectors by swopping or blanking. also try again with a good shot of engine oil down each bore.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

7. Re: Another smokey 3.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Zollaf,

Thanks for the reply. I will try again with a dash of oil. Then maybe try swapping the injectors around, but to do it well I would need new joints etc. I might take them to be tested instead and kill two birds with one stone... But the sun is shining here this week so I will be busy working.

1 1 0

8. Re: Another smokey 3.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm back! re-did the compression test. I injected 6cc engine oil into cylinder then ran the compression test three times in a row. Here are my results:

Cylinder 1st run 2nd run 3rd run
    1 400psi 330psi 300psi
    2 460psi 460psi 440psi
    3 455psi 440psi 430psi
    4 470psi 450psi 435psi
    5 300psi 270psi 250psi
    6 460psi 450psi 430psi

So, there we have it. pretty striking! Quite a good four cylinder....

I have just got a leak down test kit which I will try and make use of and come back to you. The car really pulled well and was a pleasure to drive before I took it apart for this gp problem, so it is hard to believe it could have been 30% down on power, but that seems to be what the testing suggests. I haven't touched the injectors yet, I plan to have them out to be tested after the leakdown test.

Thoughts?

0 0 0

9. Re: Another smokey 3.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK, nobody had any thoughts.

You're ignoring the compression problems, and thats exactly what I've decided to do!

So the ECU was sent away for testing along with the ECU relay and comfort module. After a week's testing by Peter Remmington (pretty knowledgeable man) no fault found.

That was not the result I was hoping for.

Just wondering. Is there any way to know from the ECU or VCDS what GLOW PLUGS the unit is expecting to run? I know when changing them one looks at the coloured ring and voila. But what if they had been wrongly changed sometime before I got my hands on the car (or should I say 'piece of sh*t')? I'm guessing the ceramic ones are supposed to run hotter and maybe hence they wouldn't blow like the steel ones. Just a random thought.

But I can't find any info apart from 'look at the colour of the rings on those that you take off' but that doesn't cut it if the wrong plugs are already fitted. Anyone know what to look for in VCDS to determine what plugs it is expecting?

Thanks.

0 0 0

10. Re: Another smokey 3.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the helps, and happy Christmas.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast