1. My tyre pressure range Golf Match Edition 1.4 TSI Bluemotion Technology 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My car's tyre pressure range is given on the 'B' pillar as are most cars nowadays or inside the petrol filler flap.
    The photo shows the range of pressures for different loads and I, for comfort ride, have set them at the those indicated by the red circled rectangle in the photo attached.
    I presume these are OK as this is what my user's manual states but seem so low now by modern standards. All cars today seem to have such very high, bone-shaking pressures compared with my two previous Golfs, all fitted with 16" wheels (nothing too low profile). I assume that enhanced and fanciful mpg figures is also something to do with it at the expense of comfort ride - I know what I prefer!

2016 VW Golf MK7 Match Edition 1.4TSI 125ps 5dr in Reflex Silver.

0 0 0

2. Re: My tyre pressure range Golf Match Edition 1.4 TSI Bluemotion Technology 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The suggested tyre pressures on my Golf SV are the same as yours, and like you I prefer the 'comfort' settings rather than the high pressures that are presumably intended to minimise fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. After nearly 17,000 miles there is no sign of abnormal wear patterns (and seem to be on course to need changing at around 30,000 miles). I have rotated them from front to rear to equalise their wear as that way I can change all four for new tyres at the same time and not have different makes on the front and rear axles. I also increase pressures when we go on holiday and have a full boot of luggage of course.

Chris
    3 Door Golf 4 GT TDI: 11/1998 - 3/2006. 3 Door Polo 4 Twist 1.2: 12/2003 - 4/2009. Skoda Octavia 2 L&K 2.0 TDI: 3/2006 - 12/2011. Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI DSG: 12/2011 - 2/2015.
    Golf SV SE 1.4SI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

0 0 0

3. Re: My tyre pressure range Golf Match Edition 1.4 TSI Bluemotion Technology 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJJE View Post
    The suggested tyre pressures on my Golf SV are the same as yours, and like you I prefer the 'comfort' settings rather than the high pressures that are presumably intended to minimise fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. After nearly 17,000 miles there is no sign of abnormal wear patterns (and seem to be on course to need changing at around 30,000 miles). I have rotated them from front to rear to equalise their wear as that way I can change all four for new tyres at the same time and not have different makes on the front and rear axles. I also increase pressures when we go on holiday and have a full boot of luggage of course.

Chris
    Thanks for that. Of course these tyre pressure hikes are just one of the ploys used by manufacturers today to get alleged high mpg figures for their cars. Especially, one can cite VW where, in the Golf, it is claimed to be 100Kgs lighter and yet they're suggesting that I use 35psi all around for normal load, which seems absurd when compared to my similar sized MK6 of same engine capacity where 29psi was the norm.
    Everything about these new Golfs seems to me, anyway, to be lighter and flimsier in places and the door don't shut with that dead solid clunk that I remember and yet was only a few months ago when I part exchanged these cars.
    2016 VW Golf MK7 Match Edition 1.4TSI 125ps 5dr in Reflex Silver.

0 0 0