Hi,

Before I embark on the journey I would like to ask a few questions from the more experienced members. I have a haynes manual but...

1) Are n/s and o/s drive shafts different in diameter? I think my current ones are all factory ones. I bought some inner boots from and they seems to have different dimensions.
2) n/s is shorter than o/s so does that mean one is more tricky to get out?
3) any tips that could be offered that are not included in the haynes manual?
4) Removing the old boot is a matter of simply cutting it. Are there any parts on the shaft that are critical that i need to keep?
5) Any grease tips?
6) kit did not come with any stainless steel clips. I assume we don't need to tie the short rubber part to the shaft with a clip?
7) Can i use allen bolts rather than triple square? If so, where can i get them from? What is the correct spec? Or am i just being a girls blouse about triple square?

my kit has
a boot, shaft nut, 6 bolts, circlip, round washer with teeth, round washer concave.

Safety: I will use axle stands and place them under the reinforced humps on the floor panel and place tyres under the side of the car. I will also chock the rear wheels as an insurance. Handbrake on. Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance to the gurus.