1. Emergency stop and TPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    I had to carry out an emergency stop in the wet this morning (grandson onboard) after the guy in front decided to stop without any warning whatsoever. We were only traveling at 45/50 mph when I applied full pressure to the foot peddle with the ABS preventing the wheels from locking up. I stopped just a few inches short of his bumper. The grandson heard a few new words. Later tonight running him back home I got a warning up "Check Tyre Pressures" showing the front two tyres at 1.9 bar. They normally show 2.1 bar. Unlike my Skoda which has a reset system for TPM the Passat does not. I checked and repumped both to 2.2 bar and it took about 5 miles for the system to reset itself. I came to the conclusion it did this just to get me to check the front tyres for any damage.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Emergency stop and TPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    the sudden transfer of weight and newtons law onto the tyres might not have helped
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

3. Re: Emergency stop and TPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Yes, the manual says an overload will activate the system. From 45/50 to 0 in 5 seconds did.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

4. Re: Emergency stop and TPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I think to reset the TPM on your model maybe on the screen on the instrument cluster it's within the menus I think maybe under settings I'm not 100% sure. I would check mine later but mine is the colour screen model without the individual tyre pressures, so it may be a little different.
    It may be worth checking the glove box there maybe a button in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve
    2014 Passat Estate
    Executive Style
    2.0 TDI Bluemotion
    Tungsten Silver

0 0 0

5. Re: Emergency stop and TPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    It's automatic on mine. There is/are no switches or settings within the cluster or glove box. Once the tyres are at their correct pressure the system resets after running for a few miles, as it did last night.

0 0 0

6. Re: Emergency stop and TPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi umel, I had occasion to rest my pressures recently and if I remember correctly the monitor is reset done through the online screen menu in the car

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: Emergency stop and TPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    No it's definitely all automatic in my Passat which is also confirmed in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by brianflower View Post
    Hi umel, I had occasion to rest my pressures recently and if I remember correctly the monitor is reset done through the online screen menu in the car

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Emergency stop and TPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    All tyres now showing at 2.3 bar.

0 0 0

9. Re: Emergency stop and TPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just read the last two posts you put on here . Are you sure you are fit to drive . I.e 45/50 to zero why did you not allow extra stopping space especially in wet weather and auto braking surely you must have been close to kerbside for it to notice the car in the turning .
    And also the fact you are unsure of what gear you are selecting. I hope I'm never behind you when you go from 6th to 2nd in one move .
    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

0 0 0

10. Re: Emergency stop and TPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Ahhh a Winny lover. You probably know dip about it's meaning.

Ref 40/50 to 0 and I was fairly well behind. If not I WOULD have hit.

Ref the braking I was going round a right hand bend so staying well off the centre line. You ever been close to the centre line and had another car or bike on or over it coming tother way.

There, is that good enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by smithy602179 View Post
    Just read the last two posts you put on here . Are you sure you are fit to drive . I.e 45/50 to zero why did you not allow extra stopping space especially in wet weather and auto braking surely you must have been close to kerbside for it to notice the car in the turning .
    And also the fact you are unsure of what gear you are selecting. I hope I'm never behind you when you go from 6th to 2nd in one move .
    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1 2 0