Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Is the A6 more comfortable than the A4 ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Is the A6 more comfortable than the A4 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of selling my A4 B8. I hate how bumpy it is and it's SE. Am I wrong thinking that the A6 is more comfortable than mine? I test drove the 5 series with regulated comfort/sport suspension but I was disappointed. The E-class with Sports Package is spot on, but over my budget (plus the design is too conservative for me).I'm also considering driving the Jaguar XF as it looks like a possible substitute, but I don't really want to change the make. If the streets in my area were better I wouldn't want to change, but here I am asking for advice.

0 1 0

2. Re: Is the A6 more comfortable than the A4 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Getoiu View Post
    I'm thinking of selling my A4 B8. I hate how bumpy it is and it's SE. Am I wrong thinking that the A6 is more comfortable than mine?
    If you talk about the C7, then there is no question. If you talk about the C6, well, that's still superior than the B8 IMHO. For me, the B8 is something, which wanted to look like a C6, but it didn't worked at all. I drove a B8 while I own a C7, and I felt the true middle-age feeling during driving, and was quite happy when I got back my car.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 1 0

3. Re: Is the A6 more comfortable than the A4 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of selling my A4 B8. I hate how bumpy it is and it's SE. Am I wrong thinking that the A6 is more comfortable than mine? I test drove the 5 series with regulated comfort/sport suspension but I was disappointed. The E-class with Sports Package is spot on, but over my budget (plus the design is too conservative for me).I'm also considering driving the Jaguar XF as it looks like a possible substitute, but I don't really want to change the make. If the streets in my area were better I wouldn't want to change, but here I am asking for advice.
    You really need to test drive an A6 to see how it compares to your car.

I've ordered one recently, hopefully mines ready mid October, and was very happy with the standard S-line suspension on a test drive - nicely balanced not too firm and not too wallowy imho.

I can't compare with an A4 as currently in a Merc C-class Sport plus estate.

Test drive to be sure how you find it.

0 1 0

4. Re: Is the A6 more comfortable than the A4 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I went for a s line BE in the C7 and specced the sports suspension, midway between the standard and s line. Very happy with it, feels sporty without crashing through bumps.

0 1 0

5. Re: Is the A6 more comfortable than the A4 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to clarify, when I ordered my car there were 3 levels of suspension:

1. Dynamic suspension (standard on SE)
    2. Sport Suspension - lowered by 20mm (standard on S-line and black edition), this is what I ordered
    3. S-line Sport suspension - lowered by a further 10mm over sport suspension (optional on S-line and black edition).

I ordered an S-line with the standard sport suspension, no: 2 above.

0 1 0

6. Re: Is the A6 more comfortable than the A4 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

What's your current wheel/tyre size ?

Ian
    A4 B6 Avant Nogaro Blue

0 1 0

7. Re: Is the A6 more comfortable than the A4 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I've tested both before deciding which one to buy.

The C7 (mine is a standard SE) is waaaaaaaaay more comfortable than the A4. And when I get an A4 during services, I can still feel it (3 year old A6 vs new A4)
    63 reg Ibis White A6 2.0 TDI SE Multitronic, Tech pack, folding mirrors, rear view camera, heated seats.

0 0 0

8. Re: Is the A6 more comfortable than the A4 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spapro View Post
    Just to clarify, when I ordered my car there were 3 levels of suspension:

1. Dynamic suspension (standard on SE)
    2. Sport Suspension - lowered by 20mm (standard on S-line and black edition), this is what I ordered
    3. S-line Sport suspension - lowered by a further 10mm over sport suspension (optional on S-line and black edition).

I ordered an S-line with the standard sport suspension, no: 2 above.
    There is a 4th option:

I have a Black Edition with optional Air Suspension - sporty when I want it, and smoooooth when I'm in old man mode

0 1 0

9. Re: Is the A6 more comfortable than the A4 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brummygit View Post
    and smoooooth when I'm in old man mode
    ...and on bad quality roads
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 1 0

10. Re: Is the A6 more comfortable than the A4 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They're 225/50 R17
    I know that the 16'' wouldn't be so rough but I'm talking about the suspension itself. It's very wobbly and climbing speed humps is a nightmare.
    I'll definitely book a test drive of the A6. I was thinking of an approved C7 and I'm a bit tormented between avant and saloon. Never had an estate, but they look great and if it doesn't compromise on handling and comfort why not ?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast