1. Emission control warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I've recently bought an Audi A6 2.0tdi sline avant 2013 and on 3 separate occasions the emission control warning light has come on and stayed on for a few days and then clears itself. I contacted the garage where I bought the car and they recommended I call out the breakdown recovery people. They came out but when they carried out diagnostics they said that it was running rich. They cleared the fault and it was ok for a few days but then returned. I spoke to Audi again and they said that as the warning light wasn't flashing and there was no loss in power I should just keep an eye on it and bring it in if I am concerned. I have only had the car for 2 months and have taken out their extended warranties just in case anything went wrong. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Cheers
    Tommo 68

0 0 0

2. Re: Emission control warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    You're getting fobbed off there, you need the codes reading and the fault diagnosing, could be an egr problem developing. Don't delay getting it sorted while you still have a warranty.

0 0 0

3. Re: Emission control warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had similar to this on my A4 a couple of years ago, with the differential pressure sensor failing. The was car reacting like the DPF was getting blocked all the time.. They are about £25 from memory and about 5 mins to fit. the A4 then ran fine until selling it.
    A6 S-line Avant Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Multitronic in Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights with Auto Highbeam, Technology Pack Advanced, Parking Advanced/Park Assist, 4 Zone Climate Control with Front and Rear Heated Seats, Memory Seats in Alcantara, Auto Dipping Folding Mirrors, Rear Window Blinds, Lighting Pack, Storage pack, Heated Steering Wheel, Pre-Sence Plus, Advanced Key.

0 0 0

4. Re: Emission control warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Rob69,

Thanks for that. I have now got it booked in but when I rang they still said I am still ok to drive it with the same conditions as previous. Thought they would be keen to get it booked in but didn't seem concerned.

0 0 0

5. Re: Emission control warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo 68 View Post
    Hi Rob69,

Thanks for that. I have now got it booked in but when I rang they still said I am still ok to drive it with the same conditions as previous. Thought they would be keen to get it booked in but didn't seem concerned.
    I had something similar on my c4 A6 with the 1.8T engine and it turned out to be a faulty foot brake switch which meant the engine was not getting a signal telling it I was braking and hence was overfuelling. May not be the case with a diesel engine but might be worth checking your brake lights are working OK

0 1 0

6. Re: Emission control warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    I had something similar on my c4 A6 with the 1.8T engine and it turned out to be a faulty foot brake switch which meant the engine was not getting a signal telling it I was braking and hence was overfuelling. May not be the case with a diesel engine but might be worth checking your brake lights are working OK
    I will mention this when it goes in to be checked out. Thanks

0 0 0