1. Audi A7 White 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whilst I wash my car weekly, coming into winter I thought I would spend the whole weekend getting it ready for the harsh road conditions to come.

every week the car is washed with Auto Finesse Lather after a good jet down and lanced with Avalanche SF, 2 bucket method is a MUST anyone who uses 1 bucket to wash a car should really see the contaminates contained in my grit guard its quite shocking.

once the car is thoroughly cleaned and rinsed this time round I used AF iron out to break down any ferrous particulates that might be lurking in my paintwork as well as this tar remover to get any unwanted tar spots especially round arches / lower carriage of the car.

this then gave me a good basis to start clay-baring.

after all these steps were completed I used some AF top prep followed by some top coat left to cure (hand buffed unfortunately)

the final touch was a good wax which I went for the AF "Desire"

only iPhone pictures (wish I took some with my DSLR) so it doesn't really do it much justice but quite happy with the results

all advice taken on board as I'm still very much a novice with my detailing

0 1 0

2. Re: Audi A7 White 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    That's a great job and amazing effort to wash it every week!!

I feel super bad, haven't washed mine for 6 weeks now, i think if the forecast is good on the weekend i will have to give it some attention inside and out

Any particular product used for the wheels? I'm working my way through a whole range of Autoglym products I bought soon after i got the car.
    Audi A7 (2012), Black Edition 245 PS Tiptronic, Phantom Black

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A7 White 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Haha yeah I'm quite bad with cleaning my car the missus goes mad but keeping on top of it I can have it washed dried and everything put away in an hour as its relatively clean when I come to wash it again, the wax does an amazing job to repel the dirt,

I used all the Autoglym products and they were bob on, the ONLY issue I had funnily enough was with the wheel cleaner. On my last car it lifted the lacquer so stopped using it. I use Purple rain now by Autobrite it's done me well over the last year or so was going to switch to Auto Finesse like most of my products but no point if the PR does the job

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A7 White 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Lovely job. I do mine and the wife's every 2-3 weeks. Doesn't take long as they are already in a good start place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A7 White 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    exactly M1tchy, so easy to keep on top of if it gets done regularly I can't stand a dirty car haha

0 0 0

6. Audi A7 White 
    From - Walney Island, Cumbria, Live in: Larkhill, Wiltshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    exactly M1tchy, so easy to keep on top of if it gets done regularly I can't stand a dirty car haha
    Depends on the car, think defenders look better dirty, I've always maintained if could have ever afforded one new, I would have to take it down the woods and throw rocks and mud at it for an hour. Lol. Just me though, I'm weird

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A7 White 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah no I agree with Landys they have to be dirty and look wrong clean - that's why I've never owned one haha

0 1 0

8. Re: Audi A7 White 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Old thread but do like the shine pal. Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0