Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Is this a typical Audi dealer experience?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Is this a typical Audi dealer experience? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Grab some popcorn:

I was about to leave the house this morning to cross the country and pick up my new Q7. All the funds had been transferred and the logistics planned via numerous phone calls and e-mails over the last 4+ weeks. Before I left I decided to drop a quick e-mail and check everything is OK. 20 minutes later a get a reply asking me to delay my departure. Curious, I gave them a call and although they weren't keen to give the details, told me that they had already sold the car to someone else. I have now had a couple of versions of what happened, including, "it should never have been on the AUC site and was there by accident as it had a similar reg number as another car" and "another dealer location sold it and told the finance director but nobody else".... anyway, the net result is that I don't have a new Q7. Apparently they are very embarrassed, but frankly, other than an awkward conversation, they are looking far less stupid than me as I lost a heavily discounted deal on a new build with delivery in October/ November as a result of all this.

So, despite them trying to find me an alternative (an impossible task given the spec I am looking for). I imagine I am going to be having to try and find another deal on a new build or find an unregistered car with the right spec. To that end, I have a few questions:

1) Anyone know what the current lead time is for a new order?
    2) Anyone know of any Sepang Blue un-registered cars with (Valcona, Bose, Dynamic Pack, Technology Pack, reversing camera and 21' titanium wheels?)

I already called about the one in Huddersfield, but it had a load of options I don't want and was more than I want to pay at £71,430.

Thanks

0 1 0

2. Re: Is this a typical Audi dealer experience? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    P13TR0,

Firstly, and foremostly, I'm so so sorry to hear of your tale. I had to read it twice in all honestly to ensure I had read it correctly. I'm sure the other guys will say the same. My apologies, but what is an "AUC Site"?

If I understand you correctly, you ordered a non-factory order car from an Audi Dealer direct, unregistered (no number plate) but with low/delivery mileage and a good discount with the spec you were after? Is that correct?

I'm sure the guys will correct me, but if this was an "Audi" mistake (whether its a franchise or not) then Audi UK should be involved to sort this mess out. You the customer have been heavily put out and to the point on the actual DAY you were going to get it? If that really is the case its complete and utter incompetence on the dealers part and although I can see you want to get a car and get the one you want, you can't let them get away with this.

If it was me I would be screaming hell to high water at Audi HQ, emailing every Audi Management email address I can find and banging on walls and doors until they step upto the plate.

Apologies, now my little typing rant is over, back to your questions:

1. I dont know for sure, the others will have more accuracy but my brother ordered a factory A4 about 2 months ago and its due in the next 2 weeks to the dealer (on a boat apparently at the moment)
    2. As for that, I can only suggest searching Audi's site which I'm sure you have done or get a broker to do the work for you?

I'm gutted for you mate.. I really am

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 1 0

3. Re: Is this a typical Audi dealer experience? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply Andy. AUC is the Audi Approved Used website. The car I "thought" I had purchased was a managers car, so it was 2 months old and low mileage. Before going the nearly new route, I was about to place an order for a new car with October/ November delivery, but saw this AUC car before I placed the new order. It had a very similar spec and was available much sooner. As we had just had premi twins and have a toddler, I needed the car ASAP, so went with the used over new. In reality it wasn't much cheaper than the discounted new car from the other dealer and was obviously an MY16 vs the MY17 the new car would have been.

i have contacted the managing director of the dealer group... It's family run, so his name is on the door. I will also be contacting Audi UK, but I am not sure they will be in a position to do anything? Does anyone have any contact details they could PM for Audi UK?

unfortunately I am expecting 3+ months lead time in the Q7, but not sure if this has got longer or shorter recently?

The Audi site doesn't have unregistered car stock listed, the only way I know of is to ring every dealer, or hope someone here may have seen something in a showroom.

i am angry.... Actually seething, but with work and a lot of young children, I have other things that demand my attention at the moment.

This is the first time I have "tried" to buy a used car.... Think I may have learnt a lesson!

0 1 0

4. Re: Is this a typical Audi dealer experience? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Your best bet is probably through a broker I guess. Most lead time as have been around 3-4 months from order on here. I have pressed my dealer to sell me a canceled order or something else sooner but he claims they just don't have the stock. Care to share where the dealer was ? That's pretty poor form if you ask me.

I have been similarly shafted in the past. They lull you into thinking they are giving you the VIP treatment and offer you a car that isn't yet advertised yet they have called another 10 people about the same car !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

5. Re: Is this a typical Audi dealer experience? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    What a nightmare. Gutted for you, not the enjoyable day you envisaged...

Given you had transferred funds, had you completed paperwork / signed anything? Just wondering if you have a legal claim to the car?
    Former Q7 owner

0 1 0

6. Is this a typical Audi dealer experience? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Thinking out allowed here...deal was done. Finances paid...today was delivery day, therefore they have failed to deliver (put to side that someone has sold the car to someone else)

So if the deal you had was great and not something you think you can get again, get them to give you a replacement / courtesy car as they failed to deliver on promised date and get them to reorder the exact car again but getting Audi UK to fast track the car through...it can be done.

Yes I'd be angry but trust me on this, handled well and correctly you're in a win win situation...

1 3 0

7. Re: Is this a typical Audi dealer experience? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    I agree with Nemo. That could definitely be done.
    Start quoting Sales of good act?
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

1 1 0

8. Re: Is this a typical Audi dealer experience? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Sorry, I went quiet on this as I was working behind the scenes to get the situation resolved. There were a lot of considerations, including the fact that I couldn't wait 3-4 months for a new order. Anyway, I am happy to report that the situation has been resolved and I now have a brand new Q7. I realise that this post is worthless without pictures and I will post those soon. In the mean time, the spec is:

My17 272 S-Line
    Orca Black
    Black Styling Pack
    Technology Pack
    Dynamic Pack
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Ambient Lighting
    Running Boards
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Driver seat memory
    Heated folding memory mirrors (how do you get them to fold when the car is locked?)
    85 litre fuel tank
    21" Titanium wheels
    Reversing Camera
    BOSE

It has more spec than the Sepang car I thought I had purchased and is obviously an MY17 with no miles vs an MY16 with 5500 miles. We really like Sepang, but the black on black looks good on this car as well. In the end, the colour was a compromise we had to make to get something ASAP and avoid disaster.

0 2 0

9. Re: Is this a typical Audi dealer experience? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Great news and immense spec! Re mirrors there is a setting in the MMI to lock on folding

0 1 0

10. Re: Is this a typical Audi dealer experience? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    +1 really good to hear you've got it all sorted.

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast