Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

A4 S-Line, 2 weeks old, getting a creaking or rattling from the rear. It sounds like the window creaking when I drive over uneven roads at any speed.

I've had another driver drive the car while I've sat in the back and vice-versa, I can't pin it down but it does sound like glass creaking, if that's possible.

Anyone having the same issues?

Cheers.

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 B9 Creaking from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a noise from the rear parcel shelf but my noise isn't a creaking.
    I have a tapping sound from around the rear parcel shelf, but it does sound like the window glass. like a metallic or hard plastic tapping against the glass. My car is going into Audi on Monday. I'll update this after they diagnose it.

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 B9 Creaking from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, a light random tapping, I would agree with that. Maybe creaking is the wrong word. Please update here, cheers.

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 B9 Creaking from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got my car back from Audi, seems there was some trim at at the back /rear of the parcel shelf that had come loose /unclipped or wasn't correctly fitted in the first place. Its not visible from inside the car.
    That was making contact with the bottom of the rear window., hence the tapping. There was supposed to be a small gap.
    Seems it was straightforward to fix it back in place properly. So far, all quiet the way it should be.

0 1 0

5. Re: A4 B9 Creaking from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the update. I may try and record the noise with my phone and post here, just to confirm it is the same noise. If so, I'll get it booked in.

This noise only started for me once I'd put the rear seats down and back up again to shift some stuff.

Makes sense that the noise is originating from a part not visible inside the car, that would explain why I couldn't pin point it.

Cheers.

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 B9 Creaking from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've recorded the noise and have posted it here...

https://clyp.it/uhv01p0z

It's very obvious, no explanation needed.

Did the dealer need to remove the parcel shelf? Do you think this is a job for the dealer?

0 0 0

7. Re: A4 B9 Creaking from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same noise coming from the rear window as well, I've taken the car to the dealer and they had a look but they couldn't sort it out at the time, so the car is booked to go back in this Monday coming to try and sort the noise.

They believed it was coming from the pillar at the side and not the parcel shelf.

0 0 0

8. Re: A4 B9 Creaking from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's a difficult noise to pinpoint as the curve of the window and the acoustic properties of the car can carry the sound away from the source.

It may be worth mentioning MRJ's post at the dealer. Please post back here, mine is booked in Wednesday day and any info would be appreciated.

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 B9 Creaking from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Re: A4 B9 Creaking from rear – 21-09-2016,01:10 PM
    I've recorded the noise and have posted it here...

https://clyp.it/uhv01p0z

It's very obvious, no explanation needed.

Did the dealer need to remove the parcel shelf? Do you think this is a job for the dealer?

That sounds suspiciously like the noise I had, but a lot more sustained and frequent, mine was intermittent depending on road surface etc . I think they removed the parcel shelf cover, that's something I'd leave to the dealer, too many clips to break if you do it yourself. Its possible it was actually the pillar, there are connector blocks for the various antenna down the sides of the rear window.
    In any case it shouldn't be making noise like that and it's an Audi after all. The mechanic told me they have tools for tracking down the source of noises (car stethoscope or something I guess) and it didn't seem a big deal for them to sort it out.

0 0 0

10. Re: A4 B9 Creaking from rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, you are right, it's an Audi and it shouldn't rattle. The last 3 Audi's I've had have had something in the way of a rattle, the 1st one had a loose exhaust bracket, my second had a heavy "clunk" in the boot when I went over a pothole or speed hump. The dealer looked at and couldn't fix it, it was only resolved when a woman on her phone went into the back of me, seems a bit extreme.

I just wonder if I have a bit of OCD with rattles that other people would just out up with.

I'll feedback later in the week.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast