1. Re: Night Vision RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Yep, too many options, I’m thinking about advanced parking and heated steering wheel next....

0 0 0

2. Re: Night Vision RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    They are all great features.. good luck!

0 0 0

3. Re: Night Vision RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Just writing to let everyone know that Andy has helped me getting this very retrofit installed on my Q over the long weekend. This is the second retrofit Andy has done to my Q (the first being Side Assist which works great! ). As always, everything is completed to a very high standard and per factory specifications! New cables are tied to existing looms securely and nicely hidden away, everything was put back just like before and certainly no magical extra screws left over or broken clips etc. Delicious biscuits and drinks provided and generally so much fun to be around, you can ask him anything about the car and he will have an answer for you!!!

It was a very successful day, we started nice and early in the morning and managed to get the NV image up in the VC just before 2pm, considering the front bump, dashboard and front passenger seat all had to come out, parts swapped, wired up then put back plus coding!! Now the only thing left to do is to get the dealer to recalibrate the NV camera. Andy has also sorted the booking to his local dealer for me, which they have done NV recalibration many times for Andy's retrofit so they know what they are doing.

Andy also helped me with some other bits and pieces afterwards - Android Auto, maps and coding changes etc to enable more functionalities! I was so happy with the end results at the end of that day.

I highly recommend talking to Andy first if anybody is thinking of getting NV or any other options retrofitted to your Q.. He is the man!!

Huge thanks again @andyhud007, I will be back soon for more

0 3 0

4. Re: Night Vision RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Great news JLDIABLO, enjoy the night vision, it is a brill option. Andy is a top guy and an asset to this forum. I’ve also had both of them mods fitted by Andy.

0 1 0

5. Re: Night Vision RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    cheers mate, and well said!

Quote Originally Posted by inchshort View Post
    Great news JLDIABLO, enjoy the night vision, it is a brill option. Andy is a top guy and an asset to this forum. I’ve also had both of them mods fitted by Andy.

0 0 0

6. Re: Night Vision RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Today I just completed another NV Retrofit into another gorgeous highly spec'd Daytona Grey Q7 4M today that we previously fitted all round soft close doors. Seems to be the flavour of the month!

IMG_20190618_142907_3 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20190618_143211_3 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20190618_091916_4 - Copy.jpg

Cheers

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 4 0

7. Re: Night Vision RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Great work Andy, love the colour of that Q and the chromey bits.

Another happy Q owner with night vision.

0 0 0

8. Re: Night Vision RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    After a lonnnnnnng one month wait after Andy had completed the installation of the NV camera on my Q, it was finally my appointment to the dealership last Monday to do the NV calibration. Andy kindly offered to final check everything before I drop off my car to the dealer just to be sure, so we met again early in the morning on the day, fortunately everything looked good. And of course, always cool to meet Andy again in person, he is such a nice guy. The drop off was nice and easy, Andy had sorted the booking and the dealer knows what they are doing as they've done this multiple times for Andy's retrofits. Got a shining new shape A6 as the loan car and by the end of the day, everything worked perfectly!! It just is such a cool piece of tech, it lives permanently on my VC now lol.

I am very happy with the outcome, and huge thanks again to @andyhud007 for making this retrofit possible and all the helps you provided throughout the project!! I truly enjoyed the whole process of getting this done with you, and now I get to enjoy the new toy on my car

20190701_182657_resized.jpg20190701_230219_resized.jpg

1 2 0

9. Re: Night Vision RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Good to hear you have finally got it calibrated now JLDiablo, after Andy fitted mine I also had to wait 2 weeks to get it booked in at my local dealer for the calibration. Not all dealers have the equipment, mine fortunately did. Bring on the darker nights

0 1 0

10. Re: Night Vision RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    haha cheers man., and exactly!! why there still day lights at 10pm at the moment!!..
    Your local dealer must be a big one, I hear that the calibration equipment is crazy expensive and given how rare NV is as an option, most dealers don't really invest in the equipment, and they don't have to... When I asked my local dealer about this, they just said straight no and sounds like they've never seen it before..

0 0 0

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast