1. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for your comments...very much appreciate you taking the time to reply

Further to contact with my insurance broker I will need a tracker fitting (was going to anyway).....I've looked into the Tracker Locate at Chameleon and also the dashcams as suggested (thank you). Both look fine to me but the dealer is suggesting a cobra brand which is something todo with Vodafone?? Anyway I'll have abit more of read into these over the weekend.
    I have also found this detailer local to me Midlands Detailer - Mobile Car Detailing and Valeting Services In Leicestershire ....he seemed quote helpful and knowledgeable and I have asked for a quote an anything he'd suggest on a new car. He did say they can't really do any damage with the autoglym and his suggested preparation treatments would remove this before he applied his products. The only bad thing was that he said he wouldn't do the work at the dealer so I'd have the pick the car up and take it to him which is abit annoying

0 0 0

2. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    I would probably look for a different detailer if I were you. The one I used was adamant I didn't let them touch it as the dealer inflicts more damage than the shipping. He said if they did the PDI clean, the cost would likely go up as the new car polish prior to ceramic coating would likely need to be more in depth.

That all said, it depends on how you will wash it after. If you intend to stick it through car washes or the local £10 hand wash, there's probably no point in spending any money. That probably applies to most people as they're not that bothered about the paint looking that great.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

3. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I had a Cobra tracker on my X5, it worked fine but was fairly basic. They are owned by Vodafone. With the tracker locate it has more teacking option (underground etc) and you get access to real time tracking of the car - you can see it moving on the map - good for keeping an eye on the wife. Also you can set up fence alerts so you get a call or text when the car enters or leaves a predefined area.

0 0 0

4. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    What is the appeal of a dash cam may I ask?

0 0 0

5. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boman5000 View Post
    What is the appeal of a dash cam may I ask?
    I got mine as previous two cars had been hit in the station car park. I'd held off until now because it was the parking mode that I really wanted, the continuous recording when driving is just an added benefit for me. In timelapse mode, I'm getting 48 hours when parked which is more than enough.

0 0 0

6. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    lol...I'm being quoted £1500 for a tracker by the dealer ....and that's with one years subscription too.........the tracker locate with 4 years subs is £600ish.

The detailer is now saying he's booked up till June anyway.......is it best to get treatments done asap from new?

I just think with the amount of knobs on the road now days it best to have evidence...ie dash cams......I really don't understand why they aren't standard on cars now......if they where factory fitted I bet you wouldn't even know they where there.....all you'd need is memory card slot in the glove box....you could even take it further with basic telemetry on the recording too (speed, braking, indicators).

0 0 0

7. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davgta10 View Post
    lol...I'm being quoted £1500 for a tracker by the dealer ....and that's with one years subscription too.........the tracker locate with 4 years subs is £600ish.

The detailer is now saying he's booked up till June anyway.......is it best to get treatments done asap from new?

I just think with the amount of knobs on the road now days it best to have evidence...ie dash cams......I really don't understand why they aren't standard on cars now......if they where factory fitted I bet you wouldn't even know they where there.....all you'd need is memory card slot in the glove box....you could even take it further with basic telemetry on the recording too (speed, braking, indicators).
    I think the sooner the better. I had to wait a month before I could get mine booked in. Worth having a look at the websites of the various products mentioned above as many of them have recommended detailers in the UK. Hopefully one is nearby.

0 0 0

8. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Found these.....just waiting for a quote

Welcome to Reep Midlands - Luxury Car Care - Detailing

0 0 0

9. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Morning all......from the above company I'm being quoted £885+VAT for the following:

Gtechniq CS Black (7-year guarantee)
    Gtechniq C5 Wheel armour - Wheels off
    Windscreen and all exterior glass

I have no idea if this is good or bad?

My car is in quality control now...again I'm not getting too excited, its been at this point before and then sat there for a month......

0 0 0

10. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi....I'm getting the same once mine arrives but also full interior protection....chap has quoted me £750.

Where do you live? My guy's based just outside Lincoln.

0 0 0

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast