1. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Yeah, be good if you use as leverage for a courtesy car. Does make you wonder who is in charge. All they had to do is tell people the truth and whilst they may not be happy, it's much better than finding out like this.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

2. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Happy new year

So finally Audi UK/my dealer have been in touch......as per afew media articles that appeared before xmas they have finally admitted there are production issues the etron model and they have offered me the following:

1. To cancel and walk away with a £250 cheque

2. Have a 10% discount on my existing order plus £250 cheque

3. Cancel my order and place another one for a different model with a 10% discount plus £250 cheque

I have decided to accept option 2......they say they hope to start deliveries again by June but I told them I'd only accept delivery with 4 weeks of a new reg. release so looking like a sept delivery.

My dealer is also pushing to honor the valuation of my Evoque from last August.

In the end I'm quite happy with this......If at the time I ordered they had just told me 12 month delivery I'd of still signed. If they'd been upfront then Audi would have saved quite alot of money.

0 1 0

3. etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Nice result there

However does push the tax of vehicle in to £450 bracket (not that, that really matters when the car costs what it does)

0 0 0

4. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Nice result there

However does push the tax of vehicle in to £450 bracket (not that, that really matters when the car costs what it does)
    Sorry do you mean car tax?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davgta10 View Post
    Sorry do you mean car tax?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Yes sorry I meant the car tax as in Road Fund License.

From memory the eTron has something like under 50g/km CO2 emissions which registered pre April 1st 2017 (which it obviously now can't be) would attract RFL of £0.

However laws all change on 1st April and under this no matter what the emissions are any car costing over £40k will attract a premium of £450 for the first five years.

The A4/6 ultras are currently £30 tax a year IIRC but as of 1st April the A4/6 in BE S-Line with a few options ticked could potentially make it a £40k+ car and hence £450 tax.
    Same issues that Tesla cars will have.

Probably not explained that very well but will find a linky....

Have a read here...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-new...ut-uk-road-tax

0 0 0

6. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    No i wasn't aware of this....that some increase £0 to £450. Read up about it abit more now and it does make your blood boil, they say the changes where made to recover lost tax revenue.......ITS NOT ******* THEIRS IN THE FIRST PLACE. You don't go into a bookies and place a bet at 10/1 lose and then say you lost £100...another rant over lol.

0 0 0

7. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Morning all.....so after not hearing anything since the 4th jan I thought I'd get in touch with my dealer yesterday.....as far as I was concerned I was excepting new order paperwork to sign (with the 10% discount) and a cheque for £250 of which I'd received neither. As I wasn't expecting my vehicle till sept I wasn't too bothered about this but I thought I'd ring. Turns out my car entered production that day (sometimes coincidences are just too much to be so).......now this is the second time my car has started the production process so I'm not getting my hopes up too much yet but the dealer did say I should have the vehicle mid April. So now things are coming to a head there are few things I'd like recommendations on if possible please:

1. Paintwork protection - The dealer threw in an autoglym treatment for free when I ordered.....is this just a con? I don't understand why manufactures don't offer this as standard? Is there an alternative?
    2. Tracker systems - Would anyone recommend?
    3. Dash cams - Would anyone recommend? Will only consider professionally fitted options
    4. Seat covers - only the drivers as I wear scrubs 90% of the time for work.

0 0 0

8. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Good news - fingers crossed!

1) I think someone made the comment that it blows off in the wind. Also reading Chris's nightmare, I wouldn't let the dealer near the car. I asked them not to do the PDI clean and leave any residue on he car and then got a detailer to polish and apply ceramic coating.

2. I looked into but too expensive. Had considered as part of the viper remote start system.

3. Gyro started a good thread on this. I followed his lead with the fitted/wired Thinkware f770 and very happy. Blackvue have updated their offering to support 1080p at the rear so worth scanning YouTube for recent comparisons.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

9. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Agree with SRBSQ7 - don't let them anywhere near your car with Autoglym - it's rubbish and I guarantee you they will make a hash of putting it on. Take it to a detailer for proper ceramic paint protection. I was forced to put a tracker on my SQ7 by Direct Line, I went for Tracker Locate system with the three-year subscription (TRACKER Locate - Our top of the range Stolen Vehicle Recovery solution). You can go all out for the Tracker Cat 5 plus but it's twice the price and I think the fobs you have to carry with you would become a PITA. Tracker are also supported by the police UK-wide. I can recommend the Thinkware F770, great piece of kit and if you buy from the RAC website Chameleon will come and fit it for you, it's very minimalist and all wires are hidden - here is my thread: Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system.
    MY17 SQ7, Sepang Blue, 22s, and lots of toys.
    MY16 Passat Bluemotion GT, Reflex Silver, 19s, only a few toys.

0 0 0

10. Re: etron order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Don't get the auto glym treatment done as this most times is still done by the dealer and the stuff turns up in a package for painwork seats glass protection then just aplyed by the dealers valet guys and often they don't even use it all or just apply one coat etc hence why it's for sale on eBay a little extra cash for the guys

and same goes for guard X as well often only one coat is applied

a good ceramic coating and full detail inc light machine polish by a detailer will cost between £600-£1000 ish
    but well worth it

Gtechniq crystal serum black + exo (lasts for upto 7 years)
    gyeon is also good
    They are really good choice
    but also a lot of other good coatings

and best of all they make the car more easy to clean and cleaning your wheels really easy just soap and water (no acid cleaner needed)

0 0 0

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast