Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi All

I have found that over the past few day when the car is set in All road mode I'm getting a very back creak from the passage rear suspension . It sound to me as if it a top mount .,.... this is on a 2014 A6 with 21k on it...............

......the dealer can not get it in until 6th of Oct ............it only happens in the all road setting at any other setting its fine.
    The service manager came out with me to test the car and he told me that he think that it could be the top mount .......I would hope that it would not have gone on a car that is only 2 years old

Has any one had anything similar with there Allroad c7

0 0 0

2. Re: rear supension creak Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    This is EXACTLY the same issue I had with my 63 plate Allroad 3.0

dealer looked at it and said everything was fine

but it got worse so i insisted they investigate and to their credit they did - see photo below

image.jpg

0 0 0

3. Re: rear supension creak Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yep that sounds just like my problem. Thanks for the information that is very helpful. Will point this out to the dealers.

0 0 0

4. Re: rear supension creak Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I have the same issue when the suspension is raised. On my car it comes from the back right.
    Thanks for the information as the car is still under warranty.

0 0 0

5. Re: rear supension creak Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    yep I will let you all know the out come once its been to the dealers ...Its a good job to get done under warranty ....I'm working on getting all the bits done before it runs out next year so they have seen a lot of my car.

0 0 0

6. Re: rear supension creak Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Just to update this thread. I took the wheels off the back of my car to access the rear shocks, slid the bump stops down and right enough there is corrosion on the main shock shaft. There was also a real build up of what appeared to be salt in the top mount so it was all cleaned up and put back together. I had no squeak in Allroad mode but sometimes that was happening for me anyway. My main issue was the squeak when towing so I still need to test it out. It's straight forward to clean out. No major tools required. I only needed a flat head screwdriver to hook into the bump stop and dislocate it from the top mount and I used the same driver to scrape away the corrosion build up.

0 1 0

7. Re: rear supension creak Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there your Audi dealers are much better than Audi Sport in Poole. Our guys here, sprayed some lubricant sound the strut and then drew stumps. They didn't even remove the wheel arch liner, which I had done the previous day in my inspection. They then told me that the shock was at fault and the bill for replacement was £1850......yes £1850. That is one side only, not all four !!!! I now plan to drop the bump stop down and investigate further. The noise is definitely a rubbery sqeak at the highest setting, so I suspect it is the bump stop. Lets hope so.
    Update. Minor corrosion of the inside of the top mount, and some slight evidence on shaft of damper. This all cleaned up really easily. Nicely grease and put back together. All fixed. Cost £50.
    Last edited by Iwoodland; 10-12-2018 at 07:56 PM.

0 1 0

8. Re: rear supension creak Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How easy is it to slide the bump-stop down.

0 0 0

9. Re: rear supension creak Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2013 plate All Road with exactly the same sounding problem. Thanks for posting this report .....excellent info.

0 0 0

10. Re: rear supension creak Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just purchased a 2016 Allroad with 40k miles, it had the same issue only on the ‘Allroad’ setting. Thanks to the responses in this thread, I also dropped the rear bump stops down to investigate and clean. My damper rods were however in perfect condition, no corrosion, although the aluminium housings were a bit white and fury. I did however clean with some scotch brite and WD40, although I have to say I was sceptical it would make any difference. Following reassembly and a road test, now all quiet! Thanks again everyone!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast