1. Colour bleed on Drivers Colour Display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Has anybody noticed any "colour bleed" in the colour drivers display between the dials.

its only noticeable on the top left hand corner of the display where the range of miles left in the tank is displayed. When looking at the range of miles there is whitish background "behind" the numbers - it should be black like the rest of the back ground .

i have scanned with my VCDS (genuine Ross tech ) and it shows no errors - I'm guess it would only show an error if the display failed completely.

Car is under warranty until November , not sure what the main dealer would say ? -

is it possible to replace the Colour drivers display ?

Cheers!

0 0 0

2. Re: Colour bleed on Drivers Colour Display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q7quattro View Post
    Car is under warranty until November , not sure what the main dealer would say ? - is it possible to replace the Colour drivers display ?
    I think, it's not a question if the car is under warranty - they have to repair this fault. This kind of issues used to happen with an LCD display, if something pushes the screen, probably the instrument cluster or the LCD display was moved a little bit, and that cause this problem.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

3. Re: Colour bleed on Drivers Colour Display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Absolutely get it fixed under warranty.
    Yes it can be changed but it's a pig of a job as the dash needs disassembling - and the components are expensive. Figure >£1k (probably £2k) to have it done.

I had an issue with the colour DIS in my C6 (backlighting stopped working intermitently so you could see nothing).. a known issue with dry joints on the PCB. a REPAIR of the PCB from a place on the east coast (Grimsby? if I recall) was £450 and then there would have been the hassle of ripping apart the dash and trying to get it back together without broken clips or follow on squeaks and rattles. Parts from audi would have been over £1k plus a days labour....

Get it done on warranty soon so you have time to redress any issue with rattles or squeaks....
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

4. Re: Colour bleed on Drivers Colour Display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I finally remembered to check my DIS today, and initially I thought I had the same colour bleed around the remaining range. I then switched to another tab on the display such as radio, sat nav, phone etc and realised that the active tab is slightly shaded compared to the others. The colour bleed I was seeing is intentional shading to highlight the active tab.

Could it be that you usually leave your DIS on the trip computer tab and that is where the 'bleed' is coming from?

0 1 0

5. Re: Colour bleed on Drivers Colour Display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Pics of colour bleed
    Attached Images

0 0 0

6. Re: Colour bleed on Drivers Colour Display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    That's not colour bleed it's normal, it highlights what tab is selected.

Here are some other images of C7 DIS

If nav is selected it goes blue

1 2 0

7. Re: Colour bleed on Drivers Colour Display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Is it possible to add the MAP functionality to the non FL MMI somehow?
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

8. Re: Colour bleed on Drivers Colour Display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    No requires a FL cluster.

0 0 0

9. Re: Colour bleed on Drivers Colour Display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Really? so it doesn't show Google Maps on the Pre Facelift models even if you retrofit the MIB 2 MMI System?
    === My Ride: Audi A6 C7 Saloon - Oolong Grey ===

=== My Blog: Maxcarblog.com ===

0 0 0

10. Re: Colour bleed on Drivers Colour Display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    The retrofit I'd read had been a replacement cluster was required, it was on one of the german forums will try and find the thread again. I was looking at MIB2 & FL cluster retrofits as I was looking to buy a pre-facelift car, but in the end I went for a LF car with it all installed.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast