When I'm looking around at B8s, how do I identify the different I.C.E systems? OK, so I realise that if the car has nav. it will have the map on the screen.

I'm not "au fait" with technology, and it's about the limit of my ability to transfer my CD collection onto a hard drive, then onto discs in MP3 format. This I have already done, so that I can play the MP3 discs in my current BMW.

Will a B8 (specifically a pre-facelift Allroad), have MP3 disc capability or perhaps the facility to connect the hard-drive I have my music stored on? If not I could be struggling.

I realise that a lot of people these days have their music collections stored on their 'phones, but I don't have a mobile device and don't want to have to buy one just to be able to have music in my car. If that's what it comes down to, I'll probably just find a radio station I can tolerate.

This probably seems rather "retro" to a lot of you, but rapidly approaching 60 I really have trouble getting my head 'round all the technology that comes in modern cars. My 13-year-old BMW has far more than I ever need, and the Audi (when I get it) is going to be even worse. Whatever happened to "basics"??

TIA
Stuart.