Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    The road tax is not based on NOX, it is based on Co2 and the recall is nothing to do with Co2. I am telling all my customers to ignore the recall, in fact if I get one in that has been done and it has an issue, I will flash the bugger back to standard as I have all the files. I have never known such misunderstood, badly reported nonsense!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Emissions Fix Quandry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Did these articles mention road tax? It obviously might change in the near future, but from what I understand the UK is part of the European emission standards scheme and unless I misunderstand the regulations, it includes NOx levels

European emission standards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Euro 6 emissions standards: what do they mean for you? | Auto Express

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Emissions Fix Quandry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHighlander View Post
    Chris, Bloater, Smileman; did you notice any increase in engine noise at idle or during take-off in 1st gear?
    I have a 2014 2.0 TDi 177 and had the software update about one month ago. I haven't noticed any difference in performance or economy since the update and initially I didn't think there was any difference in noise. However, I now think the engine is noisier in lower gears when travelling slowly and then pushing on the accelerator. Not exactly a bag of nails sound and it is only brief until the revs build but a definite rattle that I didn't notice before.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Emissions Fix Quandry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I had mine done about three weeks ago when I had the first MOT carried out at the Audi dealer in Wolverhampton. I was assured that I wouldn't notice the difference, and to be honest, I haven't. The dealer had a small problem with the MOT equipment and waived the bill for that, so I have nothing to show that it's been done should anyone ever ask, not even a zero cost invoice.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Emissions Fix Quandry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    What a confusing username , you don't have a Badgerwagen by any chance

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Emissions Fix Quandry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    What a confusing username , you don't have a Badgerwagen by any chance
    No, but I do have every Rupert annual since 1936

0 2 0

7. Re: Audi Emissions Fix Quandry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

8. Re: Audi Emissions Fix Quandry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    There are many here that have lost out to such an education by their unfortunate youth...

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Emissions Fix Quandry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I lost hours of my life on you tube after that....

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

10. Re: Audi Emissions Fix Quandry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I own a 2012 Audi A6 Avant 2.0 TDI S Line and I have been advised by my independent VW garage not to have the emissions fix done.

I am concerned that the fix will impact the long-term reliability of the engine and lead to expensive bills down the road due. Anyone who has a PCP and is giving the car back after 3 years probably won't be worried about this but people who buy and own cars for a long time have no guarantees that there won't be problems caused by the software fix. If my engine fails because of it I'm not betting that VW will pay for a replacement.

A House of Commons report in July has this to say about the matter:
    We welcome the work that approval authorities have done to ensure that there is no adverse impact on fuel economy and other aspects of vehicle performance. For consumers to have confidence in any technical solution, approval authorities must be mindful that component reliability and durability are not impaired either, as that could lead to high repair costs for owners. TheVCA must ensure that owners are not out of pocket in any way as a result of Volkswagen’s technical solution; Volkswagen must meet those costs.

http://www.publications.parliament.u...ns/69/6902.htm

0 0 0

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast