Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adarshji View Post
    Hi Retom, do you happen to have the speaker wiring diagram for 2019 q7 stock (non bose, non B&O) stereo system? When I was swapping my speakers, I treated pin 2 as positive throughout. The rear factory tweeters had a capacitor soldered to pin 2, so should have been okay. The front factory tweeters had a capacitor soldered to pin 1 (negative per my interpretation), so I am wondering if I did the right thing by soldering focal's bass blocker to pin 2 or should I have reversed the wiring and used pin 1 instead. Thanks much!
    Everything what I have are the diagrams as the diagram for front/centre speakers enclosed in my post #113 . I can only find the same diagram for rear speakers. I am not sure if it is this what you are looking for.

0 0 0

2. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retom View Post
    Everything what I have are the diagrams as the diagram for front/centre speakers enclosed in my post #113 . I can only find the same diagram for rear speakers. I am not sure if it is this what you are looking for.
    Hi Retom, thank you for your swift reply. That diagram unfortunately doesn't show the connections for the front or back tweeters, which is where my confusion lies because the front capacitors are soldered to pin 1 (supposed the negative terminal) instead of pin 2 (supposedly the positive terminal). The rear tweeters look fine.

0 0 0

3. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Final Update!

Dashboard Center

1) Bought GRS B100-4 as a replacement speaker. Specs and link below. It is only sold in pairs unfortunately, so am sitting on a spare one.

• Nominal Diameter4"
    • Power Handling (RMS)40 Watts
    • Power Handling (max)80 Watts
    • Impedance4 ohms
    • Frequency Response70 to 15,000 Hz
    • Sensitivity89.5 dB 2.83V/1m
    • Sensitivity85.5 dB 1W/1m
    • Voice Coil Diameter1"

https://www.parts-express.com/4-glas...8aAot7EALw_wcB

2) Cut open the original speaker to salvage speaker wire socket and the mounting plastic frame

3) Silicone glued plastic mounting frame to GRS-B100 speaker and soldered speaker wire from GRS-B100 to salvaged speaker wire socket

4) Couldn't put the new speaker in without removing both the speaker grill and grill mounting frame. This is where I unfortunately broke two of the mounting clips on the mounting frame. One I was able to retrieve and superglue it back but second one fell somewhere in the dashboard. Not sure what to do now and whether that poses an issue or not

5) The center sound and vocals are very clear now - no gap in clarity of sound stage, whatsoever

20200801_000051.jpg20200801_000122.jpg20200801_075914.jpg20200801_020310.jpg

0 0 0

4. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Hi Retom, hopefully one last question before I put the pen down on this project. I couldn't put the new speaker in without removing both the speaker grill and grill mounting frame. This is where I unfortunately broke two of the clips on the mounting frame. One I was able to retrieve and superglue it back but second one fell somewhere in the dashboard. Not sure what to do now and whether that poses an issue or not. Any ideas or should I just ignore it and move on?

20200801_075914.jpg

0 0 0

5. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Hi Retom, hopefully one last question before I put the pen down on this project. I couldn't put the new speaker in without removing both the speaker grill and grill mounting frame. This is where I unfortunately broke two of the clips on the mounting frame. One I was able to retrieve and superglue it back but second one fell somewhere in the dashboard. Not sure what to do now and whether that poses an issue or not. Any ideas or should I just ignore it and move on?

20200801_075914.jpg
    You can ignore it. If something stick out or rattle you will replace it with the new one. The new frame shouldn't cost more than 30 Euro. Don't buy it second hand since usually they have also broken clips or are from LHD cars. But IMO should be OK even is some clips are broken.
    By the way, this superglue broken clip rather wont stick. I was trying couple of times to glue the broken clips and they never survived long.

0 0 0

6. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    You can ignore it. If something stick out or rattle you will replace it with the new one. The new frame shouldn't cost more than 30 Euro. Don't buy it second hand since usually they have also broken clips or are from LHD cars. But IMO should be OK even is some clips are broken.
    By the way, this superglue broken clip rather wont stick. I was trying couple of times to glue the broken clips and they never survived long.
    Thanks Retom, that's a relief! I will just look into buying a new one. Last question (hopefully, LOL) - do I need to worry about the broken clip piece that has fallen into the dashboard? Do you think it could damage any moving part and need further investigating? Because of the windshield I only have limited view into the cavity and could see a motor assembly with a belt, which I suppose is being used for air conditioning fan. Should I worry about taking apart the dashboard or ignore the broken clip and move on?

0 0 0

7. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Don't worry about the broken clip piece. Our cars are full of broken clips especially after the visits to car workshops.

0 0 0

8. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Don't worry about the broken clip piece. Our cars are full of broken clips especially after the visits to car workshops.
    Thank you so much! I can finally call my audio upgrade complete! Phew, over last two months I managed to swap out all 10 speakers and my wife wasn't happy about me ripping apart a new car . I am glad with your help I was able to stitch everything back together!

0 0 0

9. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Thank you so much! I can finally call my audio upgrade complete! Phew, over last two months I managed to swap out all 10 speakers and my wife wasn't happy about me ripping apart a new car . I am glad with your help I was able to stitch everything back together!
    Congratulations! Happy with the sound quality now?

0 0 0

10. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Congratulations! Happy with the sound quality now?
    Yes, extremely! I do get some minor resonance at around 70hz, which I have narrowed down to the door opening cables behind the door cards and them not having sufficient insulation. Will work on that next time I open the door cards. Not worth the effort this time around. The sound is fantastic otherwise! The subwoofer and woofers seamlessly transition across the frequency spectrum and I am now hearing beats that were getting lost earlier.

One thing though, the factory speakers although crappier in quality and full of distortion, were louder. I have to now up volume slightly to get same loudness. Not a concern, just an observation.

0 0 0

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast