This issue was reported to the dealer when the car was new, and the car has been in and out of the dealer since then. No solution. Now they finally just closed the issue in their books and told me there is nothing wrong with the car and it should be like this. Yeah right!

Usually there are no noises from the front suspension (just other noises from the rear, but that's for another thread), but some days - and usually at the beginning of the ride - there are some bang/crack/smack noises from the front suspension.
The noise is usually when driving over speed bumps or making turns. After the first 1 or 2 bangs, it disappears and doesn't appear again for a long time. Sometimes it takes days, sometimes weeks. It also seems to be related to rain, either raining the same day, or the day before. It has nothing to do with high speed, as it has occurred at almost standstill. The noise is definitely coming from something mechanical, as I can feel the bang in the floor and the pedals.

Since the problem disappears for so long time in between, it's been pain to have it recorded. But one day, after I heard the sound once, I started recording and this time the noise occurred on several speed bumps.
VW (Passat) CC 2013 suspension noise - YouTube

I have asked if this is as simple as the springs twisting and releasing, but the dealer say they've checked and they see no indication of this being the problem.

Has anyone had the same problem? What else could it be?