Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I am considering purchasing an Audi TT, Mk 1 around 4 years old. I was talking to a chap who works as a technician for Audi dealers and his advice was to steer clear of the TT as it was plagued with problems. To his account it was 50/50 as to whether you would get a good one or one with problems ??.

Are there any TT owners out there and what are your experiences ?
    Are they really as bad as this chap makes out ??

Any views much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Dude

0 0 0

2. Re: MK1 TT - reliability 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.dude View Post
    Hi All,

I am considering purchasing an Audi TT, Mk 1 around 4 years old. I was talking to a chap who works as a technician for Audi dealers and his advice was to steer clear of the TT as it was plagued with problems. To his account it was 50/50 as to whether you would get a good one or one with problems ??.

Are there any TT owners out there and what are your experiences ?
    Are they really as bad as this chap makes out ??

Any views much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Dude
    I bought an 04 Model Roadster last December and haven't stopped smiling since!
    Any make can have it's rogue examples but if you choose wisely and make sure it's got a full service history you should be alright.
    I found an immaculate very low mileage model which had a good feel about it.

Anything with above 50K on the clock needs a cam belt change and as an added precaution a new water pump (apparently easy to do it at the same time). The only other things are early models had a batch of faulty dash pods but Audi usually exchange these FOC and coil packs but these are simple to diagnose and an easy diy change for under £30.

Go on get it you know you want to, then come and join us here at the TT forum where you will find anything you need to know and a very friendly lot too > http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/ttforumbbs/

0 0 0

3. Re: MK1 TT - reliability 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    2.5yrs ago I bought an '01 225 roadster with 18k on the clock. At 27k the Haldex went (the chip that controls the 4wd), which cost me £1k (Audi eventually met the other half of the cost after I threw a track in the showroom).

Have had few other problems too.

At 60k the clutch master cylinder went (8hrs labour & £800 via a friend), now at 63k and the electrics have developed a random intermittant fault, which has included all the electrics cutting out on a sharp (fast) bend and locking me out on 2 occasions.

Nice car. Shame about the quality.
    Can't really recommend them despite loving it.

0 0 0

4. Re: MK1 TT - reliability 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies, any other views out there ?
    I am still considering what to do.

0 0 0

5. Re: MK1 TT - reliability 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.dude View Post
    Thanks for the replies, any other views out there ?
    I am still considering what to do.
    hi mate i am selling a y reg 2001 silver 225 bhp TT coupe if you interested look in for sale section or email me for details

fletch_uk@blueyonder.co.uk

0 0 0

6. Re: MK1 TT - reliability 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    2 of the directors at my work have TT's. One has a 225 1.8T and the other has a 3.2.

Neither of them have had any problems since owning them. Cambelt on the 1.8T was the only real cost to the one.

Great motors and better looking than its mk2.
    Just another B7 Estate

0 0 0

7. Re: MK1 TT - reliability 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    2 words dude "Bullet Proof".
    TT's are like Ricky Hatton, undisputed pound 4 pound best value for money coupe you can get.
    I've owned a 225 for 5 years and had no problems with it ref reliability.
    Dash Pod a side (which I'm trying to get a refund having paid out of my own pocket for it to be fixed) I've had know problems with it. You don't happen to know of anyone on here who can direct me in the way of obtaining the evidence that prooves Audi have admitted liability do you?

Get some 18"s on it and, make sure you get the Bose Sound System if your budget allows, then its all good.

Hope this helps.
    Audi4Life_28

0 0 0

8. Re: MK1 TT - reliability 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi4Life_28 View Post
    Dash Pod a side (which I'm trying to get a refund having paid out of my own pocket for it to be fixed) I've had know problems with it. You don't happen to know of anyone on here who can direct me in the way of obtaining the evidence that prooves Audi have admitted liability do you?

Useful info here>http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/ttforumbbs...ic.php?t=56080

and lots more too!

0 0 0

9. Re: MK1 TT - reliability 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi4Life_28 View Post
    make sure you get the Bose Sound System if your budget allows, then its all good.
    Agree 100%, the best car sound system ive heard.
    Just another B7 Estate

0 0 0

10. Re: MK1 TT - reliability 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one I'll look into that link.
    You're a star.