1. Audi A6 20" rotors tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys, I've got genuine 20" Audi rotor alloys fitted on my A6 S-line, and wanted to know what is the best psi for the tyres, they are size 255-35-20 pirelli p-zero.

I do majority local driving, but sometimes motorway.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 20" rotors tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chief_67 View Post
    Hi guys, I've got genuine 20" Audi rotor alloys fitted on my A6 S-line, and wanted to know what is the best psi for the tyres, they are size 255-35-20 pirelli p-zero.

I do majority local driving, but sometimes motorway.

The pressures are listed on the inside of the drivers door as you open it
    If you do not have it, I'll grab the numbers from mine tomorrow morning
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 20" rotors tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks mate

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 20" rotors tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    20160824_072239 - Copy [1280x768].jpg

Here you go - Despite it being taken portrait, it seems to have uploaded horizontally so apologies for that!

Hope this helps!
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 20" rotors tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I a new owner and also have the 20 inch rotors on Pzero's. Just swapped my tyres front to back to even out wear. The pressures were 38 all round. Decided to put them up to 41 based on what I read on my door card. I also though the extra pressure would give me a little more mpg as I do mainly motorway miles. What a difference... the ride is now harsh.... every bump is transmitted through the body of the car. Back to 38 I go, which should give back that comfort feel.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 20" rotors tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    (20” 255 35. 2017-A6 Avant Black Edition) The correct tyre pressures from the label on the door reads 41 in the front (as it includes the weight of the engine up front) and 38 in the rear. This is for three Adult passengers and a bag.

There are so many conflicting views on tyre pressures across the forums but this is what it says on the door label.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 20" rotors tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I have mine set at the door pressures, but will be increasing slightly. After a 70 mile run, mainly dual carriageways etc, the edges of my new Continentals were definitely warmer than the centre of the tyre, so with higher pressures, I should get better contact to the centre section of the tread. That said they've only done about 1k over the summer, and will be back on the winters soon.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A6 20" rotors tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinos View Post
    I have mine set at the door pressures, but will be increasing slightly. After a 70 mile run, mainly dual carriageways etc, the edges of my new Continentals were definitely warmer than the centre of the tyre, so with higher pressures, I should get better contact to the centre section of the tread. That said they've only done about 1k over the summer, and will be back on the winters soon.

I have a 2017 A6 Black Edition also - 255/35 R20 97Y door says 41 front and 38 rear but seems high to me. Checking other websites for the tyre size it says 35 all round.

What's the recommended pressure for regular load, Driver plus 2/3 passengers - not much boot load.

Thanks

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 20" rotors tyre pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I run mine at 38psi front and 37psi for the rear and I am fully aware that this is not what the sticker on the door card says.I have played with the tyre pressure up and down numerous times and the best setting for my liking is around the 38psi mark.If I go one or two psi up it’s a completely different ride.....a bit to harsh for my liking.
    I think a some of it depends on what engine you have on yours.I run these pressures on the 3.0 BITDI and haven’t had any issues with incorrect tyre wear.Mine are Michelin PS4s in the same 255/35/20.
    2016 A6 BITDI

0 0 0